HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Holding Fish

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

I made a floating livewell out of a nylon mesh decoy bag a pool noodel, and some weighted plastic tubing for the bottom. I anchored it in place and would drop fish in as needed. You can't be too far from the livewell, but the fish can be released unharmed if you want to. It acts like a drift anchor in the water, so don't expect to paddle it around with you. I stored it on top of the rear deck & deployed it when I got where I was going. I transported the fish in triple layered ice bags, so they don't slime me or my boat on the way to the ramp.

Jim
    Thanks SuperDave336 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I’ve made a similar floating mesh bag with pool noodle. I didn’t add weight to bottom but should be easy enough if I find it needed. I bought two styles of bags, one all mesh the other which I used heavy duty with solid bottom. I can drop rock or something inside to weight down. I also carry a long paracord string I can use as stringer if needed as backup but not sure if that will keep fish healthy. Hoping between the two I can keep massive amounts of fish I’m sure to be needing for this upcoming clash.....
    Likes Damion Kidd LIKED above post