Thread: Custom Crappie Rod Start to Finish

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_2863.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  41.4 KB
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post
    Thanks KyTyer thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The first diamond nearest the cork is 10". I always make my decorative wrap longer than the finished product so that I can trim back the less than desirable parts of the wrap which have a tendency to develop near either end of the wrap. As I mentioned earlier this is just my way not the only way.
    Thanks KyTyer, Jamesdean thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently; I should not have pushed to finish the decorative wrap yesterday. As much as I try not to take anything for the pain there are 3 or 4 times a month that I can't get out of it. If any of you ever read a dingy or angry post that translates to I'm on medication and not really me. One of the reasons I try not to take the medication is it changes me from me to the Hulk. I apologize in advance for the next time it happens. The first 2 years after the surgery were the worse as I had to be on medication every day. Being stubborn I have not taken any medication today but I am limping around and wining a lot

Post Thanks / Like

That Is an outstanding wrap. Very well done. We all have not listened to our bodies at one time or an other for different reasons with the same outcome...Now lots of rest is in order. Thank you for showing us how you do this weave and finish it off. I do have a question though. My mind is a bit foggy yet reading this as I have not had any coffee yet so please be easy on me, but on the grip end you only hold the end together with tape and the glue from the fore grip, am I understanding that right? Only questioning for clarification in my foggy head. Once again thank you for sharing and I look forward to more as you finish this up. Eric, AKA "jamesdean".
    Likes KyTyer LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Once I put a band of thread on over the but end of the wrap I remove all tape.

Name:  ADEB3EB5-B956-46FE-BACB-24C6A8F158BB.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  41.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I will take a clarifying pic when I get home.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post
    Thanks Jamesdean thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, Cool, Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  999334E3-0740-4D3B-9C7B-A63A7BAF6313.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  70.4 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I may not have answered the question you asked. I'm not sure. The reel seat has a graphite arbor on either end of the reel seat and expanding glue between the arbors. The decorative wrap has a 3" band covering the reel seat end of it and the tape I used while making the decorative pattern has been removed along with the thread ball next to the reel seat. The the cork glues on over the thread terminating band and the thread band will not be seen as it is under the cork.

If this is not what you are asking let me know or give me a call.

Post Thanks / Like

I know the thread ball where you Reversed the direction of the thread, in order to make the diamond weave is gone. But in the picture it appears to be blue tape on the one end, I guessing where the grip is gonna be, in stead of thread windings, locking that end of the weave. I recon that is gonna be covered as is and glued in when you glue the grip in place. I see you had already removed the tan/ white tape you had used to hold the ends of the wrap, and trimmed back to what appears to me is blue painters tape. That's all I'm Asking...

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast