HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: LET RESTORE BEGIN

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you mac, just taking forever to get done. but then gives me time to think a bit before I do something I shouldn't...and how I want to lay things out...

Post Thanks / Like

Well Menards had their grand opening today here in Springfield, and has the Polystyrene br-10 insulation closed cell foam boards I need for the floatation foam on sale for a bit over 22.00 a 2"x4'x8' sheet. That's around $11.00 cheaper a sheet than Lowe's. Even at the regular price it's still $9.00 cheaper...guess I'll be going this week end when momma gets home and getting me a couple sheets and getting that done...woo-hoo….
    Likes LSL Angler, Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Love Menards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

Till I moved here and they built this one I never have had one close enough to worry about them. But if they keep the prices like they are I'll drive the extra 2 miles to them verses Lowe's and save a ton each year. Especially with me remodeling this house. And the other big box store is clean across town in the upper, upper class area of town...

Post Thanks / Like

Lowe's is the closest to me and I will buy most things there, except lumber. I buy all my lumber at Menards. The boards are flatter and straighter.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't actually been to our Menards yet, just comparing in-store prices on line, and Menards beats our Lowe's hands down on prices for like items. I know at Lowe's I usually have to go through the lumber real good to get the quality I am expecting to get. It's usually cracked, warped, split or pithy, Some pieces are from the outer parts of the tree's and still have not some but quite a bit of bark on them. Stuff I really don't want to go through to get good lumber.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Everyone, Sorry it's been a while since I've posted but due to one thing or another of things in life I haven't done anything to tne boat. I should have the motor back this friday or saturday, and I will also be going to Menards for the floatation foam. Hopefully the weather will hold out and I'll get a bit more done on the boat. I think I am going to hinge the seats so at a later time I can work some storage in thier with the foam. So I'll be getting some hinges this week-end too. Don't look like I will have this done, ( I also want the trailer done right to), before hard water season, but at least I should have it done by Crappie camp in the spring and some / if any bugs worked out...Till later everyone, Eric, AKA "jamesdean".
    Likes Speck LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, hey everyone. I hope everyone is doing well. I got my motor back yesterday from mister Bender. Also was given a Motor Guide Pro Series 40# trolling motor by a neighbor who got it from a friend of his who wrecked his boat in a on highway accident. Sorry he lost his boat. my only problem is the mounting bracket for it was all bent to not being usable. Shaft, electric motor, and foot controls managed to be serviceable. Looked around this area and cant find a decent mount for it for the bow. Anyone know of someone that might be willing to part with one, (only need a mount), please let me know. That, foam and a couple of hinges and this baby should be ready to go. Oh almost forgot. The Park manager said he could get me a deep cycle battery for a lot cheaper than I could get one. Gets them through his regular night job. He's a diesel mechanic at a trucking company here about's, and says it will be about around 30-40 bucks with his discount. Cool with me. Thanks for reading, and let me know if you hear of a bow mount. Thank you everyone. Eric, "jamesdean".

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good deal on the battery. Hopefully some one on here has a trolling motor mount. That boat is almost ready to slime.

Post Thanks / Like

I found one on Facebook Market Place this morning around 0300. Waiting on the person to get back to me. Sunday, Holiday week-end, maybe Tuesday till I hear something. Decent price, and not to far to go get it. Sure is a whole lot less than the new ones from Motor Guide for sure. I try to save every chance I get for sure...Get this done, then the flotation foam, a couple hinges installed and a fire extinguisher and I think It will be ready for a shakedown ride. I will get the soft seats in a bit before any serious sitting done for fishing. I have a 12" x12" throw floatation device I can sit on as well as my life jacket. But plan on having it on when moving...Oh ya, need a paddle just in case too. then the shake down...woo-hoo….
    Likes EWS LIKED above post

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast