Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff
    Likes Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Speck, I'm trying...

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of Trolling motor you gonna use? Foot control or Tiller

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

I am Looking at a bow mount tiller, quite similar to the one seen being used by "Mean Gene, The Fishing Machine" on his video's.

Post Thanks / Like

OOOOPS!!!! I forgot to put pics with the above post. Sorry for that. Here they are...Name:  IMG_20180805_162443.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  96.0 KBName:  IMG_20180805_162452.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  120.6 KBName:  IMG_20180805_162558 (1).jpg
Views: 370
Size:  149.8 KB. Had to break off the top of the doughnut around the exit hole for the overboard dump for the bilge. the corner brace was in the way... better planning would have prevented that. I have a lot of marine silicone that will dry up clear to make sure it sealed real well. I also got the extra lengths of bolts ground off on the inside of the transom. But before I started them I got the second coat of varnish on the top side of the front deck. Just put it in the shed after almost five hours of drying. Tomorrow Am I'll get started on the bottom side of that and hopefully will get two coats there as well, and another coat on top. Then Tuesday the weather guessers are calling for rain here all day, a slow soaking rain would be good, we really need it. If it don't rain on Wednesday I'll get this all mounted up. I'll get the lights when I can and get them mounted up. Momma will be home this week-end, and wants a fence put up for the weee one.Name:  20170921_075347 (2).jpg
Views: 421
Size:  38.2 KB, so she can get outside more... not sure what type of fence she's wanting but that will be my next honey do list item to take care of. Baby girl is 5 almost six years old and loves being out side...but hates the heat. Loves laying in the sun, but don't like the heat...go figure. Any way, everyone have a wonderful evening, and I'll be back at it tomorrow...Eric, AKA,"jamesdean".

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone, I got out and got a little bit done today. I got the bottom of the front deck all sealed up, and the bilge pump is in. Just needing a battery for that and the trolling motor when that comes, Still waiting on Santa on that one. I was looking on line and the Minn Kota X-13 I think it is in 45 or 50 lb. thrust with the remote sure looks promising. Just have to see what Santa brings.
    Supposed to rain tomorrow and into Wednesday. But I noticed the water valves on the clothes washer was leaking, so that sounds like a project for tomorrow, seeing's how I'll only get a little wet getting under the house to turn the water off, and then back on. No biggie. Hopefully I don't break no plastic pipes in the wall in the process. That would not be a good thing to happen for sure. Well here's a pic or two from today...Name:  IMG_20180806_102257.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  76.2 KBName:  IMG_20180806_102303.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  101.4 KBName:  IMG_20180806_134925.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  99.1 KB. The little blocks in second picture is the wedges I needed to get the bottom of the bilge pump level with the deck on the on the boat, as the bilge has a bracket built in but it sets at 90 deg.'s and would have had the bottom of the bilge at an angle. I have the pump about an 1/8th to a 1/4 inch off the deck. sure hope it's right. still need to secure the hose to the bulk head so it's not flopping in the wind. Well I hope everyone has a good evening. Till later, Eric, AKA,"jamesdean".
    Likes Speck LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Everyone, Sorry It's been so long in posting any Progress. I hoped to have a bit more of my check L/O than I did this month. Momma wants to put some money back to pay the shed off so she's been a bit stingy with hers, hahaha. I agree to pay the shed off, but I want to get this done too. Any way I got the front deck installed this morning before it got nasty here. Hope everyone faired this storm O.K. Word was thier was a tornado on the ground between Aurora and Mt. Vernon area with this one. I ducked and covered here. nothing more than a lot of rain and a bit of wind here a mile west of Kansas Expressway, Farm rd 137 and I-44 is about 300 yds as the crow flies from my front door...Haven't got any pic.'s yet but will at day light tomorrow. Still need the foam and attach the seat tops to the supports. I'm thinking of hinging the seats and putting the batteries thie as well as some storage, so may only need two sheets of foam instead of the three I was origanly going to have under the seats, just have to see. Any l/o foam wont go to waste. Still have to insulte the shed/ workshop, or as momma calls it my mancave, LOL. Well that's it for now. Till Tomorrow Folks, Eric, AKA "jamesdean".

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep chopping wood. You will get there

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff
    Likes Jamesdean, Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Speck, Just wish I had Something to chop with besides this paring knife, and it's as dull as the back side of a butter knife, hahahaha. I know what your saying, just keep plugging a way as I can and it will get done.
    Any way as promised, here are the pic's I got early this morning...Name:  IMG_20180820_082310.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  59.0 KBName:  IMG_20180820_082244.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  72.7 KBName:  IMG_20180820_082232.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  66.1 KB.

That empty coffee container is for bailing the rain water off the top of the tarp so I can undo the bunji cord holding the tarp on. After that storm last night there was over thirty gallons of water between the front and middle benches. Water was up to the top of the bench on one side and over the bench next to the house. Gonna make a raised ridge to go down the middle of the boat so the tarp is raised up in the middle about two foot so the water will run off instead of pooling up inside.
    I walked through what could have been the beginning of a good wetland to bail it out about an hour after the rain quit last night. Report on the news said Springfield had over an inch of rain last night in the first thirty minutes and it was still coming down. We needed the rain here but more of a soaking rain than a deluge. More to come on this project, just not sure when. Thank you again, all, for reading and following me on this little build. All comments and suggestions are welcome. Till next time everyone. Eric, AKA,"jamesdean".

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it's coming along nicely.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast