HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pushing Cranks??

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

ScottV on the MS board makes some good 3 oz trolling weights....I buy mine from him
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    ScottV on the MS board makes some good 3 oz trolling weights....I buy mine from him
    Yea I’ve seen his name a lot in trolling topics. I’ll check his stuff out for sure. Good crank brands to look at? I know bandits are the big name but who else has quality affordable cranks

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You want a little bend so you can see your rod trobbing from the crank baits...yes it will be some more than what you have now.....if its not a rediculous bend....I would try it. My BnM PSTs are made for up to 6 oz. of weight and they bend some....They are designed for crankbaits.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I asked ACC about the weight 16 footers can handle and got the “I’m not sure” answer. By no means knocking the rods bc I love em. Just figured that would be a known thing when selling trolling rods. I will throw some weight at em this weekend and see what happens

Post Thanks / Like

If they won't handle 3 oz you could try 2 oz and slow down a little so the line are 45*
    Likes ArkieJason, "G", skeetbum LIKED above post
    Thanks SlabSeeker0485 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Arkie and pico also make cranks. Pico made in usa..
    Fish hard live hard.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deltarat View Post
    If they won't handle 3 oz you could try 2 oz and slow down a little so the line are 45*
    I wouldn't necessarily "slow down" .... maybe just let out more line. Sometimes the speed the crank is moving is as important as the colors & depth. 1.8mph is the norm around here, and that's using 2oz weights. Last time I did it, we ran about 50-55ft of line out and was targeting the 15ft depth range. I've Pushed & Pulled cranks with 1/2oz to 2oz weights at 0.6mph to 1.8mph, and I've yet to see lines at a 45deg angle. Most times the lines seemed (to me) to be at a much lower angle.
    Likes skeetbum, SlabSeeker0485 LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The weights are attached to a 3 way swivel by attaching a split ring and duo lock snap to the one leg of the three way swivel so that the swivel has the clip and attach whatever weight you choose. I'll attach a pic later. I didn't use 3oz weights because my rods wouldn't handle it. I used 1 and 2 ounce and did well. With regard to the rod ; see which ones give enough distance from the TM and each other. Not a perfect science unless we all used the same rods, reels, line weight and cranks. You'll fool with it some and see what the fish want, and you may not like it when it's all said and done. I had some fun with it and liked the ability to do quick turn arounds.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes SlabSeeker0485 LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12