HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green LED Fishing light....at least 10000 lumen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FurFlyin View Post
    I bought 2 submersible lights off Amazon last fall and used them a good bit. They work great. 6-8 times last fall and had no issues with them. They are 1000 lumen. I couldn't possibly see why you'd need 10,000 lumens. Two of these lit up way more area than the boat "footprint" They were a little over 20 bucks each. This is the exact light that I bought:
    The attachment is not there. Could you possibly pm me the link? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

lostDuck: I googled it and found it. That is a good looking and well built light. If this one goes down, I will be ordering one of those more than likely.

FurFlyin: Only reason for 10000 lumens was that is what my fishing buddy suggested. But you have plenty of luck with the 2 lights? How long does your battery last? I am new to having a boat and just don't want to run my battery down haha

Post Thanks / Like

With the 1000 lumen lights, I never ran my battery down. I'd fish 5-6 hours at a time. I was running the lights off my trolling batteries.
    Thanks clangford thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clangford View Post
    Can you shoot me the link to the lost duck light?
    Here is a link...there are a lot of good lights out there but you normally get what you pay for ...the key is you just get out there and fish. $10 light or $1000 light the key is to get out and get a tug on the line and some fish in the pan.

https://www.amazon.com/LostDuckOutdo...en+led+fishing
    Thanks clangford, Glenn54 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

With LED's some people have plenty of power using motorcycle or lawnmower batteries. If you have connections at a motorcycle shop, a lot of the batteries take in as cores are not damaged and will have a long life being used for LED fish lights. You can even take two in the same amount of room as one standard size battery.
    Pass the "Sportsman Baton" on before you're gone, promote values for others to hunt and fish upon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeckledSlab View Post
    With LED's some people have plenty of power using motorcycle or lawnmower batteries. If you have connections at a motorcycle shop, a lot of the batteries take in as cores are not damaged and will have a long life being used for LED fish lights. You can even take two in the same amount of room as one standard size battery.
    Thanks for the tip! I actually got a buddy who is the service manager at the local Yamaha dealer. I will giving him a call. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

I think the one you bought will serve you well.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    Thanks clangford thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

the wrap lasted till i took it off. i taped it on to secure it though. i did a lot of playing with lights for the "reel lites" guy before he passed. super clear waters blue or white seems best most nights. i had better luck in muddy waters with a big green light. Bob made lights for salt water and those were usually blue. his research showed blue to be the best choice for salt water.

i use my vexilar battery(same time im usig unit) to run my light under the ice in winter. LEDs dont draw much juice at all. we killum that way. minnows on glow jigs set around the edge of the light plum.

when we first started doing it, people would come over to have a look. lol that pic, the lights just under 16" oof ice and some snow on top.
    Likes wannabe fisherman, lostDuck LIKED above post
    Thanks clangford, SpeckledSlab thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clangford View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I actually got a buddy who is the service manager at the local Yamaha dealer. I will giving him a call. Thanks again
    If you cannot find a deal that way the walmart lawn mower batteries are great also I can run for days on one charge.
    Likes SpeckledSlab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lostDuck View Post
    If you cannot find a deal that way the walmart lawn mower batteries are great also I can run for days on one charge.
    Thanks for the info! I may give that a shot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12