HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New I-pilot’s anchor mode?

Post Thanks / Like

I have yet to leave mine parked I have had it loose GPS before and turn off the spot lock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    2011 Z8 250 Mercury
    Solix 15
    360 on Ultrex
    Likes jp2 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of each, a MK & a MotorGuude. The MotorGuude is dead on ! The MK is a piece of hi priced junk compared to it. Have both linked to Lowrance Hds gen 2s. MG on a 22 ft Xpress, MK on a 17 Tracker. The MK wanders 20 to 30 ft & over runs spot. It cranks up sometimes at 100% which will throw you down or overboard. I don't use spot lock much on account of that. Use the MG in the full current of Miss River, 7 mph, & it HOLDS.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk
    Edgar Hood lll
    5651 Flower Lake Rd
    Dundee, MS 38626
    256-883-8615 [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought a new terrova and spot lock is way better than the old version,im pleased with how close it will keep you

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

rebranger, set your boat scale and the motor won't start up on such a high speed.
    Thanks Hanr3 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Only had it a few months and have nothing to compare it to. But absolutely loving it. In slack water the boat tends to spin around though I believe the motor keeps the bow very tight to position. Going to try a small mushroom anchor off the stern for these conditions. Mine works extremely well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FurFlyin View Post
    rebranger, set your boat scale and the motor won't start up on such a high speed.
    Is this procedure in the manuel?
    Likes jp2 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Never mind I found it.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    Is this procedure in the manuel?
    I don't know, I never read the manual. LOL If I can figure out how I got to that screen on the remote, I'll let you know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FurFlyin View Post
    I don't know, I never read the manual. LOL If I can figure out how I got to that screen on the remote, I'll let you know.
    I found out how.... vague is not a good description of the info they supply on this....LOL however I'm willing to bet the guys that are complaining how junky these tm's are if they applied this would change their minds big time.....
    Now only if someone had a sure way of protecting the external ducer cable I will be upgrading to this tm.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    I found out how.... vague is not a good description of the info they supply on this....LOL however I'm willing to bet the guys that are complaining how junky these tm's are if they applied this would change their minds big time.....
    Now only if someone had a sure way of protecting the external ducer cable I will be upgrading to this tm.....
    I can assure you I tried everything. Not only read the book five times but have spent hours on the phone on the water with Minn Kota technicians trying to get it to work within a reasonable distance. Boat scale is set at minus one. When I go to minus two it wanders even more. I am normally forgiving of marketing ploys but feel the $3,000 I spent on the trolling motor, 3 bank charger, new batteries, wiring and professional installation has not been reciprocated by the manufacturer. And yes, one of the replaced heads was done by a reputable and approved service center when they replaced the entire lift and deploy system as well as the gearing and housing on the turning mechanism. The technicians are awesome but evidently the engineers have a ways to go.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com
    Likes rebranger LIKED above post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast