I've had both of them for over 10 years, and heavy-use. They look almost new. Of course, I do take care of them and store them properly....They have both been in Class 5 water (both the Conasauga and Ocoee Rivers...where they filmed the movie Deliverance, and had the Olympic Whitewater competitions when the Olympics were held in Atlanta...) many , many times, and also both of them have been in the ocean off of Pensacola, Fl, Key West,Fl., and New Brunswick, Ga. I have had both of them in the Everglades, and the Okefenokee swamps. Never had a problem yet, and only one small patch on the Sevylor, and that didn't even happen on the water. After a group run down the Coosa River, we had our yaks on the shore and were eating BBQ. Someone saw a snake, panicked, shot at it, and it ricocheted off a rock and hit my Rio. It took all of 10 minutes to patch it, and I paddled it to the end of the run (20 more miles...). Never had a problem with the patch, yet. If I do, new covers and bladders are readily available from Seylor. Ditto for the Advanced Elements. I wouldn't trade either one of them for 3 times what I paid, or trade for any other kind of boat.

Here are some pics (if I can get this to work....)

Name:  MyConvertableYak003.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  94.5 KB Name:  JoelRio_zps8c336e0f (1).jpg
Views: 695
Size:  68.4 KB

I know, I don't have a PFD on...so sue me. It was just for the picture..... I usually wear one.

The Convertable has 2 zip-in decks. One for 2 people, and one for solo. I also have 2 spray skirts for it. But you can also use it just like it is pictured, with an open deck, and it makes a great canoe. The Rio is an open deck, just like a canoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Schins View Post
Gig, how long have you had those?
Reason i ask is because i wondered if the material detiorates over time. dry rot, etc