HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm a one-trick pony... and getting bored with it

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, guys for the clarification and further help.

Pappy,
    That is excellent information on how to approach a dock to shoot! I've typically been going to the middle, and then shooting as far under as possible. Usually those little suckers grab it as soon as it touches the water, but perhaps I'm shooting too far. They DO hang near the shore, so maybe I need to shoot to the middle, not all the way under. I will carefully follow your instructions, and will let you know how it goes. Do you put the sinker inline, and then trail the jig behind it? Down-rigger with release clip? if you use 1.5 oz, I would probably need a different rod than my jigging rod, I'm guessing?

I've seen the term "pushing" in various posts, but I need to do a search to learn what that means. I'm guessing it's either trolling with the rods set in the front of the boat? Or is it when you are really "pushing" the speed of the troll, perhaps to incite a strike?

Atimm693 and Slab,
    I'm interested in trying crankbaits, and always like to support sponsors. Will have to do a search for them. Thanks for the tips!

Roy,
    Thanks for that instruction. I've only been out twice with the side scanner, but I'm starting to learn how to adjust it to really see what's out there, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm excited about this type of fishing, and will definitely post how my trips go.

NOW I feel like I've got some interesting stuff to learn. I think this will hold me for awhile!

Thanks again.

-Tony

Post Thanks / Like

just as it sounds "PUSHING" lines out in front "PULLING" lines out the side or rear. Then there are a lot of different terms for either method each one having to do with the way you're doing it.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Don't forget to look to some of our sponsors that support the site.

PICO Crank baits work absolutely great. And their little dimples will hold the SLABSAUCE better than those smooth body cranks baits.

Driftmaster makes some great rod holders, and Dave Baynard, the owner will customize just about anything to fit your needs.

Sorry for the plug but seriously we really do only accept the best products as sponsors.

Support those that support us.
    New Pico lipless crankbaits for pushing Name:  Screenshot_20180604-161302.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  19.2 KB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Pico, thill LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

those look like my old favorite bass lure from yesteryear, the bayou boogie. i bet they do catch fish! do they rattle? i used to use tiny spots and tiny traps trolled with snap weights in summer, with great success.

this thread is what fishing sites should be all about. it great to see your learning from the great people on here!! enjoy your new found addiction brother.
    Likes halibut4me LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ooohhh... Those look like miniature versions of some very effective salt water lures. I bet they work great!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are Pico Perch....forerunner of the old Heddon Bayou Boogie....they are now available....they are great for pushing. Name:  Screenshot_20170727-082248.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  33.7 KB

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Caught this 5 gallon bucket full Saturday here in Middle TN. All on bandit 300, several 14 inchers in there. Sunday was not as good, only cleaned 4. Was real windy and slight front I guess.

Name:  6-2-2018.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  291.0 KB
    Likes "G", halibut4me, thill, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch !
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Gentlemen,
    I was going to write another post asking for advice, but then went back and looked at my earlier posts, and found this treasure-trove of information. There is some really, really good stuff here.

I just realized how much I have regressed. I don't catch stringers like the one I posted earlier on this thread. I'm jealous... of me!

I need to study this post and go back to the drawing board with my crappie fishing. I've become pretty lame. I feel like I'm letting the people who have helped me down. Not to mention myself.

Time to get to work.
    Likes Mstr Dan, BuckeyeCrappie LIKED above post

BuckeyeCrappie is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s like riding a bicycle
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast