Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slow trolling rod opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eagle 1 View Post
    Slow trolling once the water heats up I don't see much difference . Light bite in cold/cool water is where the fast tip proves it's worth . I have had pst's , Ozarks, and Southern .
    When it heats up here is when you really need tip performance,ramps are packed full of people.If your bait it bouncing alot you have less chances of getting bit.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you every one for your opinions and advice. G the reason I’m thinking about 16s is because I really want to get the bait out in front of the boat . I have thought about going with the 14s though..
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have two rods in the following lengths,16, 14, 12, and 10'. All are either crappie Maxx from Basspro or bjp series from B&M. Everyone of them has been doubled over under the boat and I didn't break anything. All 8 rods have Shimano IX rear drag reels for $10.00 each. Each spooled with 100 yards of 20 pound braided line.
    Took a warrior out crappie fishing yesterday, his first time. We doubled over rods several times, broke line off at the hook once. Caught his limit and came in about 8 th out of 30 teams yesterday.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hanr3 View Post
    I have two rods in the following lengths,16, 14, 12, and 10'. All are either crappie Maxx from Basspro or bjp series from B&M. Everyone of them has been doubled over under the boat and I didn't break anything. All 8 rods have Shimano IX rear drag reels for $10.00 each. Each spooled with 100 yards of 20 pound braided line.
    Took a warrior out crappie fishing yesterday, his first time. We doubled over rods several times, broke line off at the hook once. Caught his limit and came in about 8 th out of 30 teams yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanr3 View Post
    Brother, thanks!

Name:  IMG_20180603_125707892_HDR.jpeg
Views: 203
Size:  121.4 KBName:  IMG_20180603_104303871.jpeg
Views: 216
Size:  93.0 KB

HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!
    Likes Redge, Javelin 180 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Capps and Coleman rods especially when the temps are low and the fish bite light usually run 3/8 egg weights on them... I have a set of southern crappies that I like they are the 143t and so great with heavier weights and I have a set of ozarks that are my favorite! They seem to be a good all around rod!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Let me throw the Denalis’ in here!! I can truly say I have been completely satisfied with mine.
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12