HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324

Thread: Knots and Rig drawings and setups for beginners

Post Thanks / Like

So if u using jig heads u don't need split shots and thank you for responding so quick

Sent from my SM-J327P using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lover82 View Post
    So if u using jig heads u don't need split shots ..
    You would have to be using a jig that weighed enough to set your float upright, or a float small enough that the jig alone would set it upright ... provided you wanted the float to set upright.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    You would have to be using a jig that weighed enough to set your float upright, or a float small enough that the jig alone would set it upright ... provided you wanted the float to set upright.
    Thanks for your respond I'm very new to fishing i didn't know fishing can be complicated ?I don't own a boat so I'll be bank fishing for crappie and bluegill what 2 ultra light rod and reel will you recommend and what 2 rigs will you use for each rod

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your respond I'm very new to fishing i didn't know fishing can be complicated ?I don't own a boat so I'll be bank fishing for crappie and bluegill what 2 ultra light rod and reel will you recommend and what 2 rigs will you use for each rod

Fishing is only as complicated as you want it to be

Sorry, but I'm not a big fan of UL outfits for bank fishing use, unless the distance needed is quite short.
    If bank fishing, I'd lean towards rods of a minimum length of 6'6" up to a maximum of 8' ... reason being, the farther out you have to cast ... the more slack line you have to take up when setting the hook. I also prefer rods with a fast action tip, because they load up faster (for the cast & for the hookset) and so the hookset has the power to adequately stick the fish from that distance (considering the using of mono line, which will stretch a bit under pressure).

The reel should balance with the rod, especially if you're going to be holding the outfit in hand ... and a wide spool or "longcast" spool reel will give you more distance when casting out, with less likelihood of mono line coils being an interference.

And if you're going to be using slip float rigs ... you need to make sure that the rod does not have micro guides/ tip eye, as most bobber stops will get hung in them, or their position on your line will be changed by the tip eye pushing the stop down the line ... shortening your depth (if the stop will even pass thru the eye).

The two "rigs" I would use are the slipfloat rig (as shown by Ship) or a single jig/Roadrunner/inline spinner. Either rig can be used with live or artificial baits, with the slipfloat rig as a stationary position or constant retrieve ... while the single bait rig would be for a constant retrieve. I'd keep the rigs as simple as possible & still function ... meaning, the less "hardware" needed, the better. IMHO

Post Thanks / Like

i didn't know fishing can be complicated ?
    It doesn't have to be. If you're planning on using artificial baits, I suggest the following:

1) Forget about the float.

2) Go to Walmart and buy some trout magnets, beetle spins or similar small jigs.

3) Tie the jig directly to your line. No additional snaps, swivels, split shot, etc. are needed.

4) Cast it out, swim it back slowly. Experiment with different depths.

Also, this thread is more of a reference thread. There's more beginner info here:

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/begin...ntoring-forum/

Post Thanks / Like

Thank y'all for responding so fast ,this the first forum I every been apart of I feel so welcome but any rods and reel y'all recommend for bank fishing brand wise

Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank y'all for responding so fast ,this the first forum I every been apart of I feel so welcome but any rods and reel y'all recommend for bank fishing brand wise

Start a thread in the Main or Beginner forum and ask the question. You'll get a lot more responses.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry that all my photos were deleted Arnold. Here is a summary of the ones I use the most.

Name:  Slip float ideas.jpg
Views: 2315
Size:  32.8 KB
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.netknots.com/fishing_knots/loop-knots
    If the above ^ link works it’s a great source for knots of all kinds
    The site also has rope knots

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks shipahoy41 thanked you for this post

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324