HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Educate me, please!

Post Thanks / Like

Sure has been a strange spring spawn so far. Here every time it would look like the water would get to the right temp. a rain and cold front would come through. In the past I have caught female crappie that would squirt eggs just from picking them up from the water to the boat but have not been the case this year. I am thinking that the weather has had a lot to do with it and they will start there spawn at different times this year. This is just my guess and I stand to be wrong.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Thanks ET Fish thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Same exact story for me in central Ky. I cleaned 24 fish yesterday and most all the females had bright yellow eggs and half of those with blood veins. 2 of them had very pale eggs with veins. I have personally never seen them that color so I was somewhat confused. All came from the same lake. None were caught shallow. Only a few with torn up tails. I always try to evaluate the fish when cleaning to figure out what stage they are in. Seems that their normal schedule has been pushed back from the cold early spring and lake levels that act like a yo-yo. From what I can tell the next few weeks should be awesome for bank fishing.

Name:  20180501_165804.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  100.7 KB

Name:  20180501_170156.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  74.9 KB
    2005 Ranger 178VS
    150 Yamaha VMAX
    Likes scrat, Jwater, kycreek LIKED above post
    Thanks ET Fish thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrat View Post
    Sure has been a strange spring spawn so far. Here every time it would look like the water would get to the right temp. a rain and cold front would come through. In the past I have caught female crappie that would squirt eggs just from picking them up from the water to the boat but have not been the case this year. I am thinking that the weather has had a lot to do with it and they will start there spawn at different times this year. This is just my guess and I stand to be wrong.
    I think here in East TN we skipped spring and are going straight to summer!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123