HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Ohio crappie action.

Post Thanks / Like

COOL - thank for the good info -- depending on weather, I might try to get out there on saturday, I usually put the boat in at the new state park, but we'll see what happens

Thanks
    TIM
    Likes bobberbucket, bprice1031 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so to you all -- what kind of baits -- I have no objection to artificials. On sunday I was throwing 1/32 and 1/64 on various tubes, jigs, and twistertails, spinners, spoons, and small crank baits -- is the addage of using bright baits in muddy water and dark ones in clear a good general rule?

Thanks
    TIM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by taholmes160 View Post
    Ok so to you all -- what kind of baits -- I have no objection to artificials. On sunday I was throwing 1/32 and 1/64 on various tubes, jigs, and twistertails, spinners, spoons, and small crank baits -- is the addage of using bright baits in muddy water and dark ones in clear a good general rule?

Thanks
    TIM
    As bobber stated, 1” gulp alive, black shad or emerald shiner color. On 1/32 jighead. Best color jighead for me has been black but when they are in good, you can throw any color. I use nothing but gulp. You can buy a jar for like $6 at fisherman’s central on 93. I also buy it from marks bait and tackle out on 14 in Ravenna depending where you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    TIM
    I prefer to use orange or black 1/64th or 1/80th jigs and the one inch black shad gulp is the ticket. I also use white or chartreuse maribou jigs usually a lindy beetlebou. 1/32 or smaller Under a float.

Likes bprice1031 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    TIM
    While I was out Sunday the water was very clear, you could see down 3-4 feet deep. I was throwing a black and white gulp and getting some bites here and there. Changed depths and it was the same. Changed the color to a chartreuse gulp and the fish were jumping on it as soon as it hit the water. I don't know if that helps or not. Best of luck if you get out there this weekend. I'm sure there will be a couple bass tournaments going on, so keep that in mind when trying to launch.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes bobberbucket LIKED above post
    Thanks taholmes160 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool -- Awesome stuff. Im located out in Lester Ohio -- 9 miles west of medina, so I will do some quick google maps work to find those 2 places -- sounds like I need to get some different jig heads and some gulp stuff

TIM
    Likes bobberbucket LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t really like 1/32 jigs till the water is in the mid-high 60s . I always go with the smallest jigs in cooler water.

Likes bprice1031 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Cool -- Awesome stuff. Im located out in Lester Ohio -- 9 miles west of medina, so I will do some quick google maps work to find those 2 places -- sounds like I need to get some different jig heads and some gulp stuff

TIM
    Depending what time you plan on going, The Pipe arack on Manchester Rd has every color gulp you can imagine. They also carry a ton of tackle and live bait. They open at 9:00 am.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Bigeyurk25, bobberbucket LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobberbucket View Post
    I don’t really like 1/32 jigs till the water is in the mid-high 60s . I always go with the smallest jigs in cooler water.

Been the right size the last two weekends while you’ve been slacking and hanging out at your camper!NE Ohio crappie action.

Likes bprice1031, bobberbucket LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The pipe rack on Sr 93 carries the little jigs 1/80th and 1/64. They are sold individually which sucks and is sorta expensive. When I’m out by mogadore bait and tackle. I stop there they sell them in packs. Jerry at long lake bait and tackle 855 portage lakes drive carries a good selection of the little jigs both individually and in packs. All bait shops mentioned are good places fisherman’s central included. I haven’t been to fisherman’s centrals new store yet but I hear it’s great. I always try and support little guys like jerry at long lake bait because we just don’t have good little bait stores in the area anymore like we used to and every little bit helps guys like that.

Likes bprice1031, Bigeyurk25, crappiemax LIKED above post

Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461 ... LastLast