HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I made it 500 Yards

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Been using ethanol in my boat since 06 no problems....mix marine stabil in it and I did put a spin on water filter on it that I replace every year. And all my fuel lines are ethanol resistant.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

The Manual start recoil would not Engage the Flywheel to manually start the motor..... When removed the mech that engages the Dogs on the flywheel the grease was dry and hard enough that it would not allow the Recoil starter to engage.. Once cleaned up and lubed it works like a champ . wildlife people call small boats Pleasure crafts. Mine is back on track to become one again
    Likes Redge, "G", prefers shiners, SeaRay LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish on Line View Post
    The Manual start recoil would not Engage the Flywheel to manually start the motor..... When removed the mech that engages the Dogs on the flywheel the grease was dry and hard enough that it would not allow the Recoil starter to engage.. Once cleaned up and lubed it works like a champ . wildlife people call small boats Pleasure crafts. Mine is back on track to become one again
    That is a very common problem on outboards...
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER
    Likes "G", Fish on Line LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I checked online for fuel tanks from Tahatsu Prices ranged from $75 to $ 169 and another $20 shipping -- I wonder if a bag of Marbles to bang the crud loose and clean out the old tank.. the wife said will that tank work with a Evinrude ... The thing with replacing a motor is the Registration papers , the motor information and serial number are listed

Post Thanks / Like

As noted in other threads ,, I put the boat in the water and had high hopes of putting some fish some catfish in the cooler ... I had the motor warmed up - Parked the truck and went 500 yards down the channel before the motor died. Hay the vent had not been opened .. but I was stranded in the channel and the motor started about 10 times but would not run.... When I was launching there was another person getting ready to launch ... he pulled me back to the ramp and I brought my tub back home without putting a line in the water. I will try to clean the Carbs again as the fuel lines on the motor were not replaced. When I test it again I will not take it off the trailer to check it under load... The wife said I need a new motor. She might be right because the only shop in Monroe that will work on it took THREE MONTHS to make the repairs the last time it was in the shop. If you are looking at a tohatsu motor on a boat do not buy it ... This motor was built in 2003 and probally has less than 150 hours
    I have a 25 Tohatsu on mine and have had very little problems with it, knock on wood! Mine is a 2005 model, I believe.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!
    Thanks Fish on Line thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I checked online for fuel tanks from Tahatsu Prices ranged from $75 to $ 169 and another $20 shipping -- I wonder if a bag of Marbles to bang the crud loose and clean out the old tank.. the wife said will that tank work with a Evinrude ... The thing with replacing a motor is the Registration papers , the motor information and serial number are listed
    In the state of Louisiana, you do NOT have to register the motor, just the boat. Unless the laws have changed recently.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!
    Likes Fish on Line LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned the Carb -- Replaced the filter on the motor with the new type filter screen and a new attwood fuel filter and water separator and gave it the old test run in the yard. Then replaced a side board that guides the boat on the trailer.... I looked high and low for the Boat paddle --- Wonder how much that will be . Tomorrow that short anchor rope will become the bow line when launching
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep at it Larry, soon you'll reach the end of the line.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!
    Likes Fish on Line, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Mondays Mail from Baton rouge ---- Returned my money Order and Registration papers .. Their note told me to get a notary stamp and send it back to them. Instead of hooking up with the Bucket of Night Crawlers I had to get the notary stamp and put it back in the Mail . As long as I have the wad of papers I am good to Go .. And wait another Two weeks for the Stickers to go on the Boat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12