HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: People ticketed for illegal fish at a Jordan pier?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cardedo View Post
    Maybe the same people with illegal unfortunately are the ones that are getting a free license and don't know the regulations or have any regards for them. Really blew my mind giving out free fishing licenses they aren't giving free hunting license. Just my opinion sorry if I hurt someone's feelings.
    They do. After age 62, State hunting and fishing is free..

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

The free licenses I was referring to was for people on welfare, food stamps ect not older people I am almost there myself and will enjoy my free license I have paid for my share. I can see giving licenses at a discount for people on welfare, food stamps, ect not charging everyone else more so theirs is free. JMO.
    Likes CrappieHuntMike, KAYAKLIPJERKER LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

As a former lawman, i can tell you that often times a warden already knows if a boater/bank fisherman has something to hide just by his/her actions prior to engaging them in a conversation. Just keep that in mind. Lots of area to cover with very little time.
    Likes roach1, mac crappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The warden that covers Wake County is a pretty decent guy. I've talked with him several time at Harris. I told him about being out one night at around 2AM and a ski boat was out with people inner tubing behind it with no lights what's so ever. I could see the people in the tubes holding glow sticks. Having a good time but drunk as a skunk I'm sure. He said I should have called the hotline and reported it. My response was, but it was 2AM. He said that doesn't matter. A crappie fisherman called him before at a later hour than that and he loaded the boat and ended up arresting the boat driver for DUI and giving everyone else a citation. I thought that was pretty amazing he would come out at that time of night. Guess they took it serious since it could've ended bad for several people that night if an accident happened.
    Likes micorps LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It's been years ago since I interacted with Game and Fish, it was at Wateree. I had taken my sister Striper fishing her first time. We'd just pulled the boat out and there were 5 G&F guys there. They checked lic registrations etc. Asked if we did any good and we showed the 1 fish we keep a decent fish my sister boated, she was real proud. They were polite and kept talking about great a fish it was, made me feel good for my sister, she thought she caught a monster. Turns out they were out looking for Duck hunters.
    I've got lifetime old fart lic in North and South Carolina a deal when you consider how many years I paid out of state lic fees

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cardedo View Post
    The free licenses I was referring to was for people on welfare, food stamps ect not older people I am almost there myself and will enjoy my free license I have paid for my share. I can see giving licenses at a discount for people on welfare, food stamps, ect not charging everyone else more so theirs is free. JMO.

That's a fact. People on government assistance get free fishing license.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAYAKLIPJERKER View Post
    That's a fact. People on government assistance get free fishing license.
    Just wondering how many of you thank a person on welfare or food stamps should be GIVEN a free hunting and fishing license? As for me I thank they should be out trying to find gainful employment. I have had a full time job for the last 55 years. (70 now) Don't tell me there are know jobs, because every where I look some one has a help wanted sigh out! Just my two cents worth as for every one I see that truly needs welfare or food stamps, I see a half dozen that are just to sorry to work.
    Larry Callahan
    Likes Billbob, LR77, swamprat, Dollfly, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Someone tell ME how I qualify for free hunting and fishing license,Im 62 and drawing MY S.S. and retired.GO

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I found,

• Senior License Eligibility: Residents born on or before Aug. 1, 1953 are eligible to purchase a senior lifetime license when they turn 65 years of age. Those born after Aug. 1, 1953 are eligible to purchase a senior lifetime license when they turn 70 years of age.

I could use the info about age 62 also.
    Likes swamprat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by midland View Post
    This is what I found,

• Senior License Eligibility: Residents born on or before Aug. 1, 1953 are eligible to purchase a senior lifetime license when they turn 65 years of age. Those born after Aug. 1, 1953 are eligible to purchase a senior lifetime license when they turn 70 years of age.

I could use the info about age 62 also.
    That's what I found also,,,No such thing as a FREE license for a working MAN

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast