HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 253233343536373845 ... LastLast

Thread: NE Ohio crappie action.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigeyurk25 View Post
    BTW we got out for a little over an hour I’d say. Hit one spot with a certain structure made of wood on the shoreline.... anyway, one fish. She caught itNE Ohio crappie action. a lot of bites but couldn’t hook them. Prob small perch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I’d have known you were in my neighborhood I’d have stopped down and harassed you.NE Ohio crappie action.

Likes Bigeyurk25, bprice1031 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemax View Post
    "Come north we got plenty of fishable water"

Sure wish I could, got too many doctor appointments over the next few weeks for pre-op on the knee.
    I'm hoping I can still squeeze in a little turkey hunting before the doc cuts on me. I HAD plans for going to Lake Cumberland at the end of this month but for now that is out. Depending on rehab I may still try for Ky Lake in May (probably just wishful thinking though).
    Well if you ever get time to come north you got an open invitation. Just give me 24 hours notice Ive got a pile of vacation days to burn. It’s probably not nearly as good as KY lake up here tho.

Likes crappiemax LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

What’s the Sasquatch doing up at this hour?

Likes Bigeyurk25 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we're finally going to start getting some spring time weather as far as the temperatures are concerned for the next week. It should help start getting some of these fish going. I'm tired of waking up to snow and frost on my car!

Sent from my SM-G360P using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes bobberbucket, crappiemax, Bigeyurk25 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default NE Ohio crappie action.

I was having a discussion with a longtime fishing buddy of mine who used to post regularly on another forum that I frequent. I inquired about his lack of posting. His response was that people always want too much information especially site specific information gps numbers ect. And that he had experienced the negative effects of posting. Which i tend to agree that there will always be people who wish to take advantage of such information and exploit it.

That being said in my opinion location itself doesn’t always put lips on hooks. (Excluding the spawn & ice season when the fish are stacked in very specific spots and are easy pickings.) Presentation matters more than location in my opinion. I fish a lot of different locations (spots) and I tend to have a different style or presentation for each one specifically. I’ve figured out these methods by trial and error some totally by accident. I’ve also spent lots of time focusing on these areas and sorta developed a relationship with them I can usually tell by the way the water looks when I arrive if its gonna be a successful venture or not. Lots of thinking go’s into presentation selection when I arrive at an area I want to fish. The factors that make up my mind on how to attack are weather conditions chop,wind direction, sunlight, water temperature. Air temp also plays a part but not nearly as important as the others. All these factors come into play when I’m deciding what I’ll be using plastics, hair jigs, feather jigs. It also helps me decide float styles I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again float style can be very important at times! Even more important than the baits crappie can be super picky. More than one occasion I’ve turned a skunk trip into success by changing float style. I’ve gone through multiple jig colors just to find the one that would really set them off same with plastics. You gotta be willing to Change your style to be successful.

I’ve given exact locations to people over the years. More often than not they don’t have as good an outing as they expect. Because as I said before location is only one pice of the puzzle . Unless you fish these locations they way I fish them your likely to wind up frustrated.

Now when it comes to posting exact locations for the whole public to see that’s another story. If someone chooses to do that they better expect a lot of company and that will likely bring the adverse effects that nobody likes. Heavy pressure can and will turn your favorite spot into a fishless wasteland. The fish have no problem up and moving on to another location. And you’ll have to get back to the hard work of finding them again and you’ll have to spend time figuring out exactly what they want and how they want it presented all over again.

It’s just the nature of the beast if put it out there publicly they will come. If it’s a shore spot or a wade spot it will be subjected to large amounts of trash and the undesirable type of people who leave it there. They may not even be successful at catching fish because again location isn’t gonna put them on the hook. But they will still trash the place nonetheless. Always think of these type of people before you post.

Another thing I feel the need to bring up is the difference between a spot and a hole. A spot is a location where the fish will be for a period of time before they move on due to weather changes seasons ect. Some good spots will hold fish for months. Others may only hold them for weeks or days depending on conditions,food availability whatever brought them there in the first place. Most successful fisherman I know pattern fish and know why they are in an area and where they are going next. They know this from putting hours and hours into chasing these fish. Nothing you read on the internet or hear around a bait store is going to hold a candle to the things you learn while your on the water. Experience trumps any advice you’ll ever read or hear.

Now a hole is a place that for whatever reason always holds willing fish. And believe me these places do exist! A hole is something that you never ever want to post for the public to see. And you better be very selective about the people you share it with. I’ve shared the location of one specific hole with a few members here by a few I mean 3 and I put a lot of thought into it before doing so. You should guard the location of a hole like you would your wallet in a bad area. Loose lips sink ships especially when it comes to a hole.

At the end of the day it’s just fishing if you choose to share expect what comes with it. Sharing can be very rewarding if your careful how and who you share with.

Well i think I’ve covered all I had on my mind with this rant/longest post I think I’ve ever made. Sorry about the novel I’ve just got a lot on my mind this morning and needed to let it out. Best of luck to the guys who get out today do it upNE Ohio crappie action.NE Ohio crappie action.!

Last edited by bobberbucket; 04-08-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bprice1031 View Post
    Looks like we're finally going to start getting some spring time weather as far as the temperatures are concerned for the next week. It should help start getting some of these fish going. I'm tired of waking up to snow and frost on my car!

Sent from my SM-G360P using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Weathers going to be good and I’ll be working like a slave NE Ohio crappie action.. Unless I burn a vacation day or two that might happen NE Ohio crappie action.

Likes bprice1031 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobberbucket View Post
    Weathers going to be good and I’ll be working like a slave NE Ohio crappie action.. Unless I burn a vacation day or two that might happen NE Ohio crappie action.

I know how you feel. I'll be working the same way this week, because of taking a couple days last week. That being said I was just told by the woman to go fishing today. Decisions decisions??????
    Likes bobberbucket, Bigeyurk25 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

BTW that wasn't to long of a rant. It's definitely something a lot of people don't think about.
    Likes bobberbucket, crappiemax, Bigeyurk25 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bprice1031 View Post
    I know how you feel. I'll be working the same way this week, because of taking a couple days last week. That being said I was just told by the woman to go fishing today. Decisions decisions??????
    If your looking for a change of scenery maybe give Springfield lake a look. There’s a little park next to the boat ramp on the lakemore side with some structure off shore as well as some submerged pads that have been known to be good early on.

Likes bprice1031, Bigeyurk25 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobberbucket View Post
    If your looking for a change of scenery maybe give Springfield lake a look. There’s a little park next to the boat ramp on the lakemore side with some structure off shore as well as some submerged pads that have been known to be good early on.

Never fished that lake. Driven past a couple thousand times, but never fished it. Looked at it in the past, but there never seemed to be much public access from shore, and never known anyone that fishes it.
    Likes bobberbucket LIKED above post

Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 253233343536373845 ... LastLast