HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outstanding gesture for an old Sarge

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all you do Slab. Also thanks to all the mods, and of course G!!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes "D" LIKED above post
    Thanks "G" thanked you for this post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what to say or where to begin. It has all been said so far. An excellent gesture by MonteSS. 10 years I've been active here and I'm always in awe of the things that one does for another here. I tell folks that you all have become my second family when I introduce them to the site. I don't know of any other site or organization that I have enjoyed more. Thanks to the Boss and everyone that puts in their time to make CDC what it is.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Mike1234, Jamesdean, short grub LIKED above post
    Thanks Slab, "G", "D", skunked again thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good story/gesture. Thanks for sharing "D". It is always nice to hear about people helping people. "D", where were you stationed in the AF? I was in from 73 to 77 too. First stop after basic was Chanute AFB, then the rest of time was at Mather AFB California.

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Tech school at Lowery(Denver),base no longer there. 2 assignments at Eglin, TAWC for a while, then TAC. Then Bitburg Germany until discharge. Also base no longer there. Worked weapons control on F4D and F4E models in TAWC( modification test squadron. Disbanded after Viet Nam.Electronics in F4D' s still had tubes. lol. Also worked in a tent city receiving the refuges in 75. Very humbling, will never forget the scared faces.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    I don't know what to say or where to begin. It has all been said so far.
    I know what I can add. I'd like to take the opportunity to thank all active and retired service men & women plus their families for their service and sacrifice to this great country of ours.
    Stand for the flag.
    Kneel for the cross.
    "The sufferings of the present are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed in us." - Romans 8:18
    Likes "D", Mike1234, "G", kycreek, skeetbum, Redge, short grub LIKED above post
    Thanks flycaster, Jamesdean thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

That’s great

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieDontTap View Post
    I know what I can add. I'd like to take the opportunity to thank all active and retired service men & women plus their families for their service and sacrifice to this great country of ours.
    Stand for the flag.
    Kneel for the cross.
    Amen

Likes "D", Jamesdean LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I can imagine working with the refugees was very humbling. I maintained the jet fuel pipeline systems from the tanks to the flightline. Mather AFB is closed down too.

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Danny your reel and bait look great, and the one MonteSS did is also excellent. But more than great work, it's the gesture that takes first prize. Monte that was very kind of you to do that for "D".

Danny as much as you think Monte's gift is so great, stop and think about yourself for a second. You're also a great giver, you unselfishly gave your time to the defense of our Nation and it's Citizens. In doing so you also helped countless others, like what you mentioned in the tent city. Even beyond that, you continue to be a inspiration to others. You say you've made many friends on CDC and a great part of that is that you have a been Friend to many, including myself. You give of yourself to help promote and maintain the great CDC site that Ed created and even tho you have moved out of our area to become a hillbilly we don't mind a bit as long a you're following your hearts desire. Nothing like opening up new avenues to new friends and a peaceful life. We miss you much but happy for you and Mae. You are also a great Moderator and do a lot to add to the CDC experience for the rest of us.

Thank you for your service to CDC and thank you for your service to our Great Nation.

Your Cajun friend,
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!
    Likes "G", Redge, Jamesdean, Just Steve, short grub LIKED above post
    Thanks "D" thanked you for this post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

What Gene said

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Redge LIKED above post
    Thanks "D" thanked you for this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast