HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Weiss Lake - What needs to be done to make it better ?

Post Thanks / Like

Stop pimping out our fish, for cash would be a good start. I fish after dark for the most part for crappie Hard to fish the Jackson county area ,way to many bass turnaments and they don't mind blowing you off the water. Fishing these days is like fishing in a washing machine.
    Likes footballcoach LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad View Post
    In Kentucky, processed fish do not count towards possession limit.
    Other states laws have no bearing in Alabama. This excerpt was taken from an online copy of AL fish and game laws.

• The creel and possession limits provided for above shall not apply to fish held live for release by the sponsor or its designated agent after a bona fide fishing tournament provided they are released unharmed to the public waters from which they were taken as soon as reasonably possible on the same day they were taken. This does not obligate the sponsor or its designated agent to release dead or dying fish.
    • Total length of fish measured from the front of the mouth to the tip of the tail with both mouth and tail closed.
    • It is a violation of Alabama law for any person to transport more than one day’s creel limit of any species of fish beyond the boundaries of this state. (I added the bold font) It is a violation of Alabama law for any person to fillet freshwater fish while on public waters except when fish are being prepared for immediate cooking and consumption, provided however, that fish may be drawn or gutted with heads left attached.
    • It shall be unlawful for any angler to fish with more than three rods and reels, or poles, or any combination thereof on Weiss Reservoir or Neely Henry lakes at any time.
    • There is no closed season on any freshwater game fish.
    • It shall be unlawful to fish any trotline, snag or snare line without plastic or metal tag attached containing the owners name and either their address, fishing license number or phone number.
    • It shall be unlawful for any fisherman other than a licensed commercial fisherman to fish one or more trotline, snag or snare line or combination thereof containing more than 100 hooks total

The text in the bold font seems pretty clear to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterdog101 View Post
    My guess would be like yours, if they checked every out of state fisherman as they crossed the Al state line headed home, most would be busted on the possession law, and my guess would be if they checked the freezers of all the good old Alabama home boys, most of them would be busted by the possession law. The possession laws applies to both out of state and instate law breakers..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don’ bet on it! You have greedy people from everywhere but most of us good old home boys watch our self’s we were taught better.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    When nothing is going right, Just go fishing.
    Earl Dibbles Jr.
    Likes FurFlyin, Slabprowler, alabamaal LIKED above post

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011