Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need Help: New Terrova or New Ulterra

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blueball View Post
    What about ultrex,ive never used one myself though,just wondering

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Jamie, if you wanna pony up the extra 100's for the Ultrex, by all means donate away!! Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a first gen terrova and love it but.....my next one will be a ultrex.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I just installed a ultera rip tide on my 28ft pontoon I pilot and link it is a game changer mostly used it bottom fishing on reefs so far the spot lock is awesome No More Anchor needed Can’t wait to use all the other features that it is capable of Name:  IMG_4320.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  75.7 KBName:  IMG_4165.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  27.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I ran an ulterra for six months. Loved it. But I believe I like my partners ultrex better. The ultrex will be my next one on my ranger.
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I own a 1st Gen Terrova and have described it as one of my worst purchases on many occasions. The 1st Gen spot lock, or the drunken spot lock as I like to call it, was a major disappointment for me. My 2 cents is if you're going from a cable steer to an electric steer (Terrova or Ulterra) get the Ulterra. I kick myself every time I have to stow or deploy the motor. It's dangerous, in my opinion, the way I have to perch myself precariously on the nose of the boat to get it in or out of the water. Add the rod holders for spider rigging and it's even more of a hassle. I fish alone a lot and in freezing cold temps. I am waiting for the day I lean over to pull the motor up, accidentally hit the rabbit button on the remote and throw myself into 38 degree water wearing half my closet. The foot pedals on the electric steer take a lot of getting used to and I still rarely use it, if I want to 2 pole I put my old cable steer maxxum on for that day. I will be buying an Ultrex for my next motor. It's the best of both worlds, unless you have to have the auto stow/deploy.

Post Thanks / Like

Problem has been solved. After careful thought, and consideration I have placed order this morning for a brand spankin' new Minn Kota Terrova. They said the ETA would be 3 days. Looking forward to my 2nd Terrova as my gen 1 served uswell.

Likes EWS, Iwannafish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I think you did good. If you go on BBC they are having problems with the Ulterra and Ultrex

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    I think you did good. If you go on BBC they are having problems with the Ulterra and Ultrex
    Saw all of that, did some other research, and just some other thoughts of keeping it somewhat simple. All of those moving parts can fail, and would fail at the wrong times.

Likes blueball, wilbur LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Got to love all this rotten weather that has me, all of us, stuck in the house and off of the water.
    Salt in the wound, the snow that hit Texas earlier this week has delayed my trolling motor delivery!!!!!

I'm not sure what I've done to piss off Mother Nature, but she needs some med's and to take a chill pill for awhile!! And Jack Frost needs to take his arse back to the North Pole!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123