HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Small one man boat needed Like This one

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_7756.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  115.5 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.
    Likes Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Small one man boat needed Like This one

Quote Originally Posted by 27458 View Post
    Yes. Those are really cool. I just don't like the price tag. Also, I started thinking about the trolling motors being underneath. If I was in all those vines and jungle stuff fishing and a vine got wrapped into the prop, how in the world would you get it out? And I know the prop is somewhat protected. And if one motor went out, how would you ever get back? You'd be spinning circles. I'm sure 99% of the time that's an awesome thing to fish out of. And I love that the seats are up.
    Don’t know what they cost, but I do know that it is a sweeet little boat if you needed it. First Class only cost 80% more. Small one man boat needed Like This oneSmall one man boat needed Like This one

My thoughts are that if you’re in skinny enough water to get it plugged up with weeds and debris, then you could get it to the bank, flip it up and unplug the TM prop with a pair of muck boots on. I don’t see sticks plugging it. Weeds maybe, but I figure weeds MIGHT wrap around it and still allow the prop to spin enough to drive it to the bank. Might pack a tall pair of boots for that. Most wading places that boat will get you to shouldn’t be much trouble. I run my trolling motor through that skinny stuff enough to stir the mud, and I seldom If Ever have weeds on my prop. The weedless blades usually cut them away.

We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.
    Likes "G", Tn Johnboy LIKED above post
    Thanks 27458 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt its a very nice set up!
    LivetoFish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRiverMarine View Post
    Don’t know what they cost, but I do know that it is a sweeet little boat if you needed it. First Class only cost 80% more. Small one man boat needed Like This oneSmall one man boat needed Like This one

My thoughts are that if you’re in skinny enough water to get it plugged up with weeds and debris, then you could get it to the bank, flip it up and unplug the TM prop with a pair of muck boots on. I don’t see sticks plugging it. Weeds maybe, but I figure weeds MIGHT wrap around it and still allow the prop to spin enough to drive it to the bank. Might pack a tall pair of boots for that. Most wading places that boat will get you to shouldn’t be much trouble. I run my trolling motor through that skinny stuff enough to stir the mud, and I seldom If Ever have weeds on my prop. The weedless blades usually cut them away.

Utube has several videos concerning this subject. Loose grass seems to be some of a problem. One guy made a tool from rebar to clean the weeds out. I researched this boat for several years before buying one. it is a very safe boat and drafts very shallow. The main point I see in the boat that I never had before owning this one is boat control. it becomes second nature operating the foot controls while leaving your hands free for fishing. Wind is not a problem due to the hull design the pockets the motors sit in fill with water and acts as a vaccum sticking the boat to the water. Am I trying to sell this boat the answer is NO just trying to educate on what it is. It may not fit everyones needs but it does mine. I am now 71 and don't want to swim trying to fish. lol.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Likes BigRiverMarine LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I understand. I wish I owned one. Just can't pull the trigger at that cost. Seems like a great set up for most conditions. A lot to be said about boat control and sitting up in that seat to!!
    LivetoFish

Post Thanks / Like

I think I've posted this video before, but never underestimate the lowly canoe. This is a video of me in my old warhorse with a homemade transom bolted on the stern end and a gamefisher air cooled 3hp coming out of a swamp with a mess of big ol specks.

She'd go back in time if you didn't watch it on the throttle

https://youtu.be/DwJIPwYFteg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speck View Post
    I got lucky the other day and found an 8’ Jon boat for $50. It’s light enough I can carry it myself and fits perfectly in the bed of my truck. I bought it to use in my pond at the house but figured it’s perfect for double duty for single polling in the spring

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I had an 8' Jon when I was a teenager. Loved fishing creeks with that thing. Put it in a long wheel based truck bed and shut the tailgate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease
    Likes Speck, Tn Johnboy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I remember that. Perry's two tone brown truck,couple zebcos and a can of worms.Good times.
    Likes feeshrman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gcor View Post
    I remember that. Perry's two tone brown truck,couple zebcos and a can of worms.Good times.
    Yep. Not much to worry about during those days, except getting enough gas money to go feesh'n and cruise town. Hadn't heard from ya in a long time bro. Hope you are doing good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

Work is getting in the way of fishing.got nothing to contribute.vacation coming soon may have a report or two then.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast