HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Color of jigs to use this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

dutyba
    I use an 11ft b&m pole. For me here in Arkansas the best colors to have this time of year are blue& white, red & chartruse, green & chartruse, black & charttuse. From there experiment with colors and listen to the locals they might tell you color they use but not where they fish , I learned my lesson about that from several on the form so avoid getting nicely told that is a no no! If you use tube jigs on external heads vary the color there as well. My fav is chartreuse and green head 1/16 oz. the tube jig bodies do not stay on very good, fish pull them down the hook so I put a drop of super glue on head where body slip on then slide body on let dry 5 sec then fish. Remember if you are fishing where the crappie are you will get hung up but you have an 11ft jig retriever in your hand slide it down the line and bump jig loose! Have fun and catch one for me! If you are casting jigs check into crappie slider heads and grubs.....Charles brewer. Add a spinner helps sometimes . Road runner heads width attached spinner 1/16 oz work well also with skirt or grub. ����
    Last edited by Longpole papaw; 04-02-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I had pretty good luck this morning casting Southern Pro crawdad grubs with 1/32 lead color jig heads. The wife had good luck with plain old minnows.

Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes CrapySlayer LIKED above post
    Thanks Longpole papaw thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default knot

I learned a new knot that is fast and easy for my old eyes! Put line through jig Eye. Hold line going to jig with 3 fingers and thumb index finger pointing out. With hand 6 to 8 inches above jig take line coming out of jig eye back up and over index finger and back down below jig and hold end below jig. Now swing jig around all the up and down lines 5 or 6 times then take end that is below jig up and through loop that is around index finger pull through a little wet line (you know lick it) holding end of line that comes through loop and line going to pole and pull thigh down to jig eye pull tight and cut of tag line. Sounds harder than it is. With a little practice you can do it with eye closed! And it is fast to tie .

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you fishing. If it’s not clear water then black and chartreuse will almost always work in the am and on cloudy days. Try a few lighter colors later in the day.

Post Thanks / Like

ELECTRIC CHICKEN, NUFF SAID.
    2017 Ranger RT188C Shadow Grass Camo
    Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Crappie Novice

silverside is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If I could only put 3 in my pocket for early spring/spring... gold with glitter, black/chart, blue/white.

Post Thanks / Like

Water color and brightness of the day has a lot to do with jig color.

But here in NE Florida the colors that perform best for my fishing partner and myself are (body/tail): Blue/White, White/Chartreuse, White Twistertail, Solid fuchsia, Solid Chartreuse and sometimes (for no apparent reason) Electric Chicken.

Tom

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya'll do realize this thread was started ELEVEN YEARS ago, right

Anyway .... carry on. There's bound to be someone that gets some answers to the question they never thought to ask !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    Ya'll do realize this thread was started ELEVEN YEARS ago, right
    Lord willing, I volunteer to bump this thread in 2035. Surely, by then, we will have some new jig colors that will be good for this time of year.
    Likes "G", scrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    Lord willing, I volunteer to bump this thread in 2035. Surely, by then, we will have some new jig colors that will be good for this time of year.
    We will be casting em from a hovercraft!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast