HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maybe I'm in the minority but...and a battery question...

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I'm with cray. Buy you some good batteries and don't worry about all that extra battery mess. Lots of guys on here have spent a many of day skimming around in the thickets. Slabin and big c both fish butla out of the boat and they don't have extra batteries. I just think there is something more to it than you draining your batteries. Hope you can figure it out and glad to hear your catching some fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cray View Post
    Sounds to me like you need to get a couple of golf cart batteries. 2 more batteries and charger would more than pay for them.
    Any suggestions on battery brand etc. what do u have?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    LivetoFish

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_5133.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  74.7 KB

Getting limits at least. Maybe I'm in the minority but...and a battery question...

LivetoFish
    Likes strmwalker LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

G
    Quote Originally Posted by 27458 View Post
    Name:  IMG_5133.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  74.7 KB

Getting limits at least. Maybe I'm in the minority but...and a battery question...

Swing by and pick me up!
    Likes 27458 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I went to US batteries this year. I also upped to Golf cart batteries. a little pricy when you have a 36volt system

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boa3 View Post
    I went to US batteries this year. I also upped to Golf cart batteries. a little pricy when you have a 36volt system
    which one's did you get?
    LivetoFish

Post Thanks / Like

I just bit the bullet and ordered a Relion Lithium ion marine cranking battery today. I will use it to run graphs, live wells etc... if it works like bass guys claim, I will make the switch on trolling batteries in fall or spring. The battery weighs 30lbs verses over 100 lbs on the batteries that I'm using now. They are expensive, I did find a good deal but still very pricey!

Tired of all the battery weight, plus graphs and live wells pulling cranking battery down during the day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlabMeister View Post
    I just bit the bullet and ordered a Relion Lithium ion marine cranking battery today. I will use it to run graphs, live wells etc... if it works like bass guys claim, I will make the switch on trolling batteries in fall or spring. The battery weighs 30lbs verses over 100 lbs on the batteries that I'm using now. They are expensive, I did find a good deal but still very pricey!

Tired of all the battery weight, plus graphs and live wells pulling cranking battery down during the day.
    Wow. I googled em. Very interesting but yep VERY expensive from the site I found. 24 volt is $1300.00
    LivetoFish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 27458 View Post
    Wow. I googled em. Very interesting but yep VERY expensive from the site I found. 24 volt is $1300.00
    Yes it is a big investment and probably doesn't fit most folks needs. I'm running 3 graphs at times, with at least 2 running all the time as well as a 360, live wells and at times a hydrowave. I have to crank the engine and charge the battery during the day.

I know a bass guy that is running the latest HDS(16" screen I think), 2-12" HDS graphs and live wells. He has fished 2 full days before on 1 charge. His batteries are 6 years old. Expecting to get 10 plus years on them.

I have a 36 volt Ultrex so I have 400lbs of batteries in the back of the boat. I can use the Relion cranking battery, pick up a 36 volt Lithiumpros or another brand of 36 volt battery and have 2 batteries in the back for a total weight of 60 to 70lbs verses 400lb. This is a very expensive experiment and one I may regret but I want to be able to run electronics all day without having to worry about cranking engine at the end of the day. I also want to trim some weight on rear of boat.

I have a big live well up front with a second toward the back. I think I can actually get less bow bounce in windy conditions by dropping weight in the rear. I will be able to flatten out the boat with water in both live wells.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast