Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Garmin 73 & 93SV models

Post Thanks / Like

it is not up to date as it wont work with the new HD imaging. Need a Plus model for that.

I have also owned the big 3 and theres no question that Garmins imaging trails HB and Lowrance. Even the supposed GT down imaging blows, especially compared to Lowrance.

I have learned this the hard way.

strmwalker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schins View Post
    it is not up to date as it wont work with the new HD imaging. Need a Plus model for that.

I have also owned the big 3 and theres no question that Garmins imaging trails HB and Lowrance. Even the supposed GT down imaging blows, especially compared to Lowrance.

I have learned this the hard way.

each to their own !!! you can have your Lowrance or Humminbird I will stick with my Garmins
    as far images mine works perfect for what I use it for , and I have no issues with it !!!

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday"
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point. "AMEN"
    Likes Schins LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I just put a 73sv plus and 73cv plus on my boat, I've only been on the water once with them but so far I like what I see. Quickdraw and Active Captain are pluses as well
    Likes strmwalker, Schins LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My images are great as well, nothing is blurred. Best bang for the buck out there. No it's not a mega... But neither is the cost and my livewell isn't lonely

Sent from my Z983 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944
    Likes strmwalker, skunked again LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phroghawk View Post
    I just put a 73sv plus and 73cv plus on my boat, I've only been on the water once with them but so far I like what I see. Quickdraw and Active Captain are pluses as well
    So.....what exactly is the difference between the "sv" and "cv"?
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crestliner08 View Post
    So.....what exactly is the difference between the "sv" and "cv"?
    The cv gives you down imaging and the sv gives you side and down imaging. I just bought the striker plus 93sv.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes strmwalker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The cv is what they changed the name of the dv to during the latter months of the litigation with Lowrance. Now that they are back to offering the GT xducers again with the dedicated down crystal I think they still refer to it as clear-vu. I won't argue as to who has the best pics. I'm happy with mine but I think all of them need to be adjusted to maximize results per the conditions.
    Likes skunked again LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a Garmin 73 sv plus. I love the touch screen !! The images are amazing. It looks like a diver took a photo. I'm very impressed so far.
    I located and caught slabs the first day on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Just put an Echomap Plus 93sv on my little tracker. I haven’t had it long enough to learn a whole lot about using it, but you really don’t have to. The only thing I’ve had to adjust is the gain setting in 2d sonar. But that was in lakes with rock bottoms, with a softer bottom the auto gain setting might be fine. So far I am very happy with it.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

Post Thanks / Like

How much clearer does it need to be? I have spent a lot of time actually fishing all three brands and not playing count the scales with imaging. There isn't much practical difference in the down imaging between them with a GT transducer, can't speak for the CV. In fact the Garmin GT down is better than I ever got from multiple Humminbird core series units that utilized blended SI xducer to produce the down image. I like Humminbird SI a little better but the Garmin is perfectly functional for the way I use it.

All that said though with Garmin you had better do your homework about the mapping in your area. One of my lakes is good, one is terrible. If they don't fix the terrible one soon I will be dumping mine but it won't be because the imaging holds me or anyone else back from catching crappie.Name:  tapatalk_1498663593211.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  55.9 KBName:  20171203_211107.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  71.7 KBName:  tapatalk_1498663600943.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  62.8 KBName:  tapatalk_1496702070612.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  63.6 KBName:  20170601_192821.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  58.9 KBName:  20180308_141146.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  96.5 KB