Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some pointers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need some pointers

I'm finally gonna be off work tomorrow and probably head to darbonne. I wanna try long lining out and push some jigs before i start hitting the banks in search of spawning fish. I'll be on the big lake so can anyone narrow down what type of structure i should focus on? I know the channel ledges but i dont really know where to start. Thanks guys, oh and is anyone gonna be out there tomorrow?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Try some Flats with water between 8 and 12 foot deep close to shoreline --- if possible without flooded timber ---- others in the past few weeks have been catching some that are suspended
    Likes Brad982, 20watt LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

This may be a dumb question but, If i go to spots where i normally catch spawning fish and just fish the deeper water out away from the bank will that be staging areas?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brad982 View Post
    This may be a dumb question but, If i go to spots where i normally catch spawning fish and just fish the deeper water out away from the bank will that be staging areas?

Probably so.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

The area many people call “The Old Sand Field” is located between Piney Point and Terral’s Island and is a known as a good spawning area on D’Arbonne. There is a lot of water varying from 4 to 15 feet deep and is fairly protected from the north wind. I would give this area a good working over.

ALWAYS DREAMING ABOUT FISH'N...AND PLEASE REMEMBER THAT "A LAD WHO FISHES WITH HIS DAD SELDOM TURNS OUT BAD".
    Likes Brad982 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&M BOBM View Post
    The area many people call “The Old Sand Field” is located between Piney Point and Terral’s Island and is a known as a good spawning area on D’Arbonne. There is a lot of water varying from 4 to 15 feet deep and is fairly protected from the north wind. I would give this area a good working over.
    I think i actually went over this area last time i was in. It was really shallow in spots. I marked it on my gps as a good area to check out. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Two good flats to fish are near the Stowe's Creek landing. A stump field is straight out from the landing a couple of hundred yards. Also, go under the bridge a couple hundred yards and fish the flat to the right of the channel.

Post Thanks / Like

You have been given so much informatuon, tips, and locations it's now time to go put it to use. Don't report back until you have fish!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Redge, Sugarfoot_Salzer LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bandchaser View Post
    You have been given so much informatuon, tips, and locations it's now time to go put it to use. Don't report back until you have fish!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I'm headed to the lake in just a few. I have high hopes Need some pointersNeed some pointersNeed some pointersNeed some pointersNeed some pointers

Post Thanks / Like

Another spot is the back bay between Terrell Island and Highway 2, It is sheltered from the North to Southeast winds and has Cypress

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast