Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vise vice

Post Thanks / Like

He has a heck of a jighead mold collection too, hundreds of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thnx for the comments guys.

LOL fc, will have to look...

REEL bad CD, sb, & Redge

Not sure Mike - have a pretty good collection of antique vises also - hand held, old English...

Have several of the first rotating in-line Herter's (pic 7 far left) Cray. Herter's and Thompson were the leaders'..... Funny the progression vises have made - gotta have all the bells and whistles now - when all you need is something to securely hold a hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Another page of history redear...

Post Thanks / Like

That's one heck of a collection of vises! I really can't imagine buying that many, but I guess like any collecting one can get a bit carried away, lol!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!

How does one decide which one to use

billygee

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet he has a favorite that he reaches for without thinking. I see several of the Renzetti's or those like it, and a couple of Peaks. Lots that I can't identify.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing!!

Post Thanks / Like

And I am just wanting one. Anyone got a good used one for sale??

Post Thanks / Like

billygee - I only use the Regals now - the stainless steel jaw version is my favorite (for now)

Tim - forgot to mention that I did have a Danavise, but sold it to a kid on this web site a long while back. It's hard not to use a Regal because it so simple to use and I need simple. I like that there is zero adjust between hook sizes and need something to rest my paw on while holding materials to lash on. Just like shoes; running, walking, hiking - some like flip flops - some like boots. Enough to make you crazy and what's funny is that you can do all that barefoot. My next vise of choice is the Price vise - center of picture #8. On the senior you have full rotation as well as stops on 4 axis - no hook adjust. If I didn't have Regal I would be using a Price.
    Don't think the fish care what you tye on......

No worries Deepfry

Abott - I do have some vises that are in need of TLC - they came in various fly tying lots off of fleabay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LedHed View Post
    billygee - I only use the Regals now - the stainless steel jaw version is my favorite (for now)

Tim - forgot to mention that I did have a Danavise, but sold it to a kid on this web site a long while back. It's hard not to use a Regal because it so simple to use and I need simple. I like that there is zero adjust between hook sizes and need something to rest my paw on while holding materials to lash on. Just like shoes; running, walking, hiking - some like flip flops - some like boots. Enough to make you crazy and what's funny is that you can do all that barefoot. My next vise of choice is the Price vise - center of picture #8. On the senior you have full rotation as well as stops on 4 axis - no hook adjust. If I didn't have Regal I would be using a Price.
    Don't think the fish care what you tye on......

No worries Deepfry

Abott - I do have some vises that are in need of TLC - they came in various fly tying lots off of fleabay.
    Sent you a pm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast