HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: single pole jigging question

Post Thanks / Like

11' grizzly elite, 4 lb P line. Best jig pole I've ever had in my hands.

Sent from my Z983 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944
    Likes arkcrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Heaton Super Sensitive 12', 2 braid-

Post Thanks / Like

Shakespear occursion in 7' with 4# test line. 5 ' off brand name pole with 2# test and 1/64 th. Jigs. All my jigging is done right off the side of the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question to the guys that use braided line do you have a problem with the line sticking to the rod between the eyes? If so what do you do to prevent this .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etexbasser View Post
    Hey Grainraiser, obviously you like the H2O rod since you use it, but do you find it as sensitive as other rods and also it seemed a little heavy to me in the store compared to some of the others. Do you find it heavy?

later...etex

They are little heavier than most of my jigging rods I have but I love the fact they have a fast tip with alot of backbone. I fish alot of buckbrush and you have to turn the fish fast to him out of the cover. I hate too limber rods for this kind of fishing. I'm thinking about buying a couple of 8 footers since they are on sale for $25 at my local Academy store.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skippa Chippa View Post
    I have a question to the guys that use braided line do you have a problem with the line sticking to the rod between the eyes? If so what do you do to prevent this .
    I have a little with pure braid and really light jigs. Normally I fish 1/8 oz so not a real problem for me. Actually I like a fused line like Fireline better than regular braid for jigging. Little stiffer, and still as sensitive and strong in smaller diameter.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes Skippa Chippa LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use 11 foot Ozark heavy jig rod. 8 pound P-line mono. The way I fish the reel doesn't matter much as long as it balances the rig and has a good drag for when ol slimmer bites.

Post Thanks / Like

12' Grizzly Elite. As Locator79 said above, it is hands down the best jig pole I've ever had in my hands. I have a Ardent 500 spinning reel on it with Offshore Angler 8 lb spooled on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Huckabee Pro Series. 10’ 7”. Sensitive enough to feel every bite and tough enough to swing em in the boat.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

10' SHSS with a Diawa Sweepfire 2000, simply because it balances so pretty. Spooled with offshore angler 8lb. I dip through grass mats and some of the holes are fist size, and even the big fish come to pappa. Had a good couple of days with it this weekend.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast