HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which reel do you prefer for your spider rig rods??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlabSeeker0485 View Post
    So it sounds like a bait caster with thumb bar is the ticket. What are some good ones that aren’t gonna break the bank? Pics if ya got would be nice. I like seeing folks setups
    Now that is a good question. Baitcasters with thumb bars are going to be expensive. Of course, that is a relative term. Hard to find anything decent for less than $40 each....

Post Thanks / Like

Chances are that many of you have never seen or heard of this reel. For slow trolling or spider rigging I don't think you can beat the "Fishing 13 Teardrop Reel". I call it a hybrid reel, it's a cross between a spinning reel and a baitcaster, probably more like a baitcaster. Has a thumbar, terrific drag and only 6.8oz. I've been using them for 2 years now. Problem is, they quit making them a couple of years ago. So if you want one you have to keep your eyes open.Name:  teardrop.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  47.5 KB
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishawk View Post
    Chances are that many of you have never seen or heard of this reel. For slow trolling or spider rigging I don't think you can beat the "Fishing 13 Teardrop Reel". I call it a hybrid reel, it's a cross between a spinning reel and a baitcaster, probably more like a baitcaster. Has a thumbar, terrific drag and only 6.8oz. I've been using them for 2 years now. Problem is, they quit making them a couple of years ago. So if you want one you have to keep your eyes open.Name:  teardrop.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  47.5 KB
    Cool looking reel! What is the cost on these generally??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iwannafish View Post
    Now that is a good question. Baitcasters with thumb bars are going to be expensive. Of course, that is a relative term. Hard to find anything decent for less than $40 each....
    Cheap would probably be fibe,there just holding line.The reconditioned ones I bought for $5.95 4-5 years ago have worked great

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

silverside is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Take look at Lews baitcasters. A couple models are real affordable for the quality you get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes SlabSeeker0485 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default teardrop reel

Quote Originally Posted by SlabSeeker0485 View Post
    Cool looking reel! What is the cost on these generally??
    They originally sold for around 90 to 100$ but if you keep your eyes open you can find them for much less.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No preference really. Whatever is on sale or cheeeep. I got grandkids that think I pull money out my tailpipe.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Hat55 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought some silver max {abu Garcia} with the flipping switch $32-$38 on ebay
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I saw one comment about the Zebco lines but wondered if anyone really uses them anymore? The trigger or thumb micro 33 looks like it could work for the spider rig setup.

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had 8 BC reels for rigging and trolling cranks. In FL, the crankbait thing is all but unheard of. Sold the reels a while back and have long wondered if I shouldn't have kept them for rigging, but I mostly longline and single pole. I have found that for what I do now, spinning works best. Trying to longline with BC reels is tough because there isn't enough weight with the jigs to make the reel work.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes SlabSeeker0485, blueball LIKED above post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast