HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catching That Crappie Wave

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bob for another nice bit of info and great story. The wave has started and I'm one that will be glad as it move further north. Man it's getting hard to find a parking spot even in the middle of the week at the local launches. I'll settle for my half dozen fish per trip if I can get a place to park. I know everyone who fishes wants to catch a limit, but when the parking lots fill up with people from way out of town it sure cramps my style. Don't get me wrong, I know they have the right to fish here like everyone else it just that I'll be glad when it tones down some. I myself have made a few trips to other areas to fish to further our enjoyment of the sport, but these are limited. I have never seen so many people wanting to hit the water like this year. The word is out that Bayou Black is the place to be right now and people are showing up in droves. Well good luck to them, it will all soon come to pass, then we can go back to our normal routines.

By the way, we all need to be extra careful on the water with so many boats running. Many aren't very familiar with our waters and some are just too much in a hurry to get where ever they're heading. I've seen too many near misses these last few weeks that it's scary to be out. I've seen boats on step come around blind corners like they thought they were the only boat out there. I even had one do that to me last Friday but knowing the situation I came off my throttle as I approached a side canal and sure enough here comes one of those high speed on step boats around the corner. Because I was going slow, it gave him the time to alter course and slow down to avoid a collision. If I had maintained my speed it would have been close as there would have been less time to react. So friends and strangers alike, ease up you're not alone on the water and we all want to return home safe at the end of the day. Losing a few minutes by slowing down and being more courteous won't ruin you fishing day but a collision would.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!
    Likes Bobfish11 LIKED above post
    Thanks prefers shiners thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey PPG, looks like too me ya gotta get out of bed earlier.

I was fishing behind a dozen boats last Friday at da Lac. Dozen more running and gunning. Ya gotta be a defenseive driver on da water.

I'm thinking buy u pigeon Friday. Pretty sure I can get away from da crowd there.
    Ephesians 1:13

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck my friend, I won't be fishing until next week if the wind lets up. I'd hate to be out there today, you'd have to be in a very protected place. Just the ride to and from would be tough.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

With the endless maze of bayous and canals in da Atchafalaya Spillway, I'll find some protected place to catch.
    Ephesians 1:13
    Likes prefers shiners LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12