HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Side image for Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akaslyguy View Post
    If you happen to scan them at more of a distance from the boat.... pay attentions to shadows. Sometimes the fish returns will blend into the brightness of the bottom (especially on hard bottom), but with Mega the shadows they cast on the bottom stick out like a sore thumb. Same goes for when you see some brush on side scan... sometimes you don't really notice the actual brush... but the shadow it casts shows up good. Harder bottom can sometimes be hard to see the bright returns of fish if sensitivity is a little on the hot side, but the shadows will tell you everything you need to know. A softer bottom will make the fish returns really stick out. However... overall... MEGA frequencies really make the fish "pop" off the screen most of the time, even in brush. Look at the pic below of some bream beads I passed this summer... you can see EXACTLY which beds have a fish (or 2) in them....

Attachment 290533
    Great shot, thanks for sharing
    Likes IceNitro, dhaire LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the blue pallet is number 1, to me it really makes images "pop" off the screen. I use this color almost all the time unless I'm getting direct sunlight on the screen, then I can more to an amber color.
    Thanks dhaire thanked you for this post

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome shots! The thing I find about using side imaging especially when long lining jigs or cranks is you will see something on the side a lot of times and say to yourself as it catches your eye, you find yourself saying, Whoe, wait a minute, what’s that? Circle around and go over it, and find sometimes exactly what your looking for or something new, that you never saw before. The mega, with the clarity of its picture, is showing me new structure where I have been fishing for the past few years areas and spots holding fish that I have been missing by a few yards and increasing my catch rate especially using side imaging and it’s enlargement capabilities. When you find those spots holding fish, then you can mark it and go to casting and jigging even and if the fish move, start a search pattern all over again. They are not going to move that far. They may quit hitting, leave them alone for a while and go back hour or so and hit them again even picking up a few more.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Likes Alphahawk, akaslyguy LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12