HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bass Tracker Heritage

Post Thanks / Like

I had an original sized Tracker, not one from the first days but a 1996 model. Too narrow IMO unless you just fish creeks. Not enough boat for big water. I upsized to an Xpress. Still an old boat but fully restored and I mean fully, I'll have less money in it than the new Tracker you posted. That's with an Ulterra on front and a Helix Mega at the bow and still less money. No, it's not new but it is completely stable and rides like a dream.

That's my 2 cents and worth half of what it cost you.
    Likes halibut4me LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at the boat last week and to be honest I thought it looked pretty nice and just looking at it, this one looked to be well made. It is the same hull as the PT 170, the 170 has paint and a different deck layout larger gas tank but they have same 40 hp motor same trolling motor and trailer. PT 170 runs $4500 more. I was in my mid twenty’s when that tracker came out so it takes me back always wanted one but not a chance back then. For some odd reason I like the look of it, maybe something to do with being an old guy ???
    Likes "G", "D", etexbasser, crp4570 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to me the old ones were pretty narrow this one seems wider. 77” beam and 54” bottom width.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggin john View Post
    I looked at the boat last week and to be honest I thought it looked pretty nice and just looking at it, this one looked to be well made. It is the same hull as the PT 170, the 170 has paint and a different deck layout larger gas tank but they have same 40 hp motor same trolling motor and trailer. PT 170 runs $4500 more. I was in my mid twenty’s when that tracker came out so it takes me back always wanted one but not a chance back then. For some odd reason I like the look of it, maybe something to do with being an old guy ???
    I bought a Tracker Pro-17 back in 1990 with an Evinrude 40. It would run 28 to 30mph but I didn't buy it to win races so that speed was fine. It was the riveted hull and it never had a leak or a problem of any kind. Kept it for a little over 4 years and between Mar and Oct it was used a few times per week. Obviously the size of this boat will limit the size and type water you fish but I'm sure you have thought of that. These smaller, lighter boats have some great benefits such as easy trailering and great gas mileage on the water. The trade offs are limited deck space and wind has a greater effect on them due to their size and weight.

We currently have an Alumacraft 165 Prowler with a Mercury 50 4stroke and for the reasons I listed above, we love this thing. Runs 34mph and I can run all over the lake and maybe use 3 or 4 gallons of gas. Fits in my garage and I barely know it's behind the truck while towing.

If the boat is in line with the water you fish and the number of folks you want to take fishing, I'd say go for it. The warranty was a big factor when we purchased ours. Boat/motor repairs are not cheap. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Wear that PFD, the life you save might be your own!!
    Likes Dave and Lynn, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I believe it is built on the 2017 Pro170 hull. Same console and front deck as Pro160 with a minor mod to the rear deck/driver passenger seat. Solid deal ang great boat. If I was looking for a boat in that size range I would jump on it in a heartbeat. My 2014 Pro160 treated me very well and fished pretty dang good.
    Last edited by huntinslabs; 02-17-2018 at 08:06 PM.
    Likes SeaRay, "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Would you be better off in a used boat, of a different brand?

Sent from my XT1254 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished out of one many years ago and was a great boat then and still is now. Get what is going to make u happy.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fishing out of a 1980 model tracker. It had a 40hp. I know it fishes well. I will be buying me one as soon as I get back in town from work. The only thing that I seen is they moved the live well and smaller 9 gal. I caught a lot of fish from my little old boat.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes SeaRay LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Mynki90

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ozarks ranger View Post
    Fished out of one when they first came out it’s the same boat can’t believe it’s been 40 years though with modern up grades, they don’t know how many they will make so don’t wait too long to decide takes 3to 4 weeks to get one to your BPS

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Takes 6 to 10 here

Sent from my Z983 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast