HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you don't use it , Its your fault

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrat View Post
    Rickie I have not seen a post here from Humminbird Greg here in a long time what gives. He helped me make up a cable one time and was on here a lot back then.
    if my rememberer works right I think Greg moved on to another job in the company and someone else was supposed to take his place. Rickie will be by and tell the correct story though.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the good news is we have Ricky. I cannot tell you how many times he helped me. I know God has a special category for men like him.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post
    Thanks Slab thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so in the spirit of this topic.....I'm going to pick ya'll's brains a little! So I've gone out about 3-4 times this year when the weather was decent and I've been getting skunked.....I haven't caught a single crappie this year. Like I said, I'm a newbie, I've been watching tons of YouTube videos so I've been trying to put some of that in to practice. From what I've learned, in the winter the crappie are mostly going to be in the deeper waters around 20ft or so, so I've been trying to find brush or standing timber in that depth range. I trolled around last time I was out (because I was the last boat on the lake) and fished a few different spots, looking for brush but couldn't produce a definite bite....got hung up a few time and thought I had a bite at first! Lol! I found one spot I thought look like a real nice brush pile, but nothing. Any thoughts? My other question is I have a Lowrance 7 HDI and I just don't feel like I've been able to get it dialed in yet....just don't feel like I'm seeing near as clear of down images or sonar as other peoples screen shots I've seen. I've watched several videos on adjusting fish finders and sonar, but still don't feel like it's dialed in. Last time I was out, my down imaging looked decent most of the time, but on DI and Sonar I looked at one point and I had red and orange all over my screen on Sonar....I was thinking what the heck! Still don't feel like I can really see fish on structure in the DI. I feel like I have the transducer mounted correctly, I put it as close to the center of the boat as I could without being to close to the motor and I made sure it was level with the bottom of the hull..... but not really sure if it's my mounting or it's still just in the settings??? Just let me know what you guys think, any input will be appreciated! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Pics would be really helpful

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schins View Post
    Pics would be really helpful
    Yea, you're right for sure, I didn't think to take any. I will try and take some next time I get a chance to got out.

Post Thanks / Like

I know here in Oklahoma we fished an enclosed dock Saturday morning and did pretty good about 12-14 ft until about 9 o'clock then we had to move up to about 8 ft to find any.
    Likes AR_Crappiefishr LIKED above post

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman View Post
    if my rememberer works right I think Greg moved on to another job in the company and someone else was supposed to take his place. Rickie will be by and tell the correct story though.
    Management changes in Johnson Outdoors didn't see the value in Greg spending so much time in the forums when HB offers a customer service department just for that ...

Last time I talked to Greg he was still doing training duties ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor
    Thanks wannabe fisherman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Love this site and the knowledge of kind anglers
    This feed might also go good in beginners and mentors ????

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

chippo
    #Raymarine PRO STAFF
    CHIPPO FISHING / YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Great comments,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
    If you guys only knew how I chewed off Humminbird Greg's and RGecy's ears in the beginning ...

We all learn by asking questions ...

Rickie
    AMEN to that brother...

Somehow my email is blacklisted to Greg and I can no longer contact him, and he was off in a corner waiting for retirement last I knew....

He's ONE BIG reason I switched from the 20+ years with "L"...
    Robert
    Bringer of the 'Bird...
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12