HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long does it take

Post Thanks / Like

Too many factors to know how long, it depends on location, time of year, depth, near deep water or not, near a channel or not, I have stake beds I can see sticking out of the right now, they only produce a certain time of year under certain conditions. I have some in deep channel bends which probably have fish on them now? Some are at the mouths of the bay and will be good for pre-spawn, like everything else, location, location, location.

Post Thanks / Like

depends on lost of factors as posted . time of year location and etc . I have dropped willows in 30 fow in the summer and suspended them on bridge column cross members and then swam for a bit to cool off at the same location without moving the boat and dropped a jig while I was drying off and started ketchn them .
    some habitats draw them quicker than others for sure . I have seen nothing faster than willows in this part of the world but to be sure any cover in the right spot will eventually draw crappie in . Its one of those great unknowns , we found fish on a broken tree branch that was pretty large 3 years ago on the bank and drug it out to deeper water and to this day I drag all broken branches I find in that area to that spot as the crappie followed that branch to where we replaced it and they have never left it ....they hang in there year round and its in a protected cove and its my go to if I am having a rough outing , sometimes things work out really well .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Jiggah LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12