HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Heater 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one of those Amish style small space heaters down here in FL. And yes, it's actually been cold down here and we've needed the heat. So since it was just wifey and I, I thought I'd just heat the room we were in mostly with that little heater. Well the electric bill came and it seems that it's more expensive to heat only the room you're in, than the whole house with the 240 volt heat pump system we have. Those stupid little heaters are not very efficient.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Dutchman is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    I have one of those Amish style small space heaters down here in FL. And yes, it's actually been cold down here and we've needed the heat. So since it was just wifey and I, I thought I'd just heat the room we were in mostly with that little heater. Well the electric bill came and it seems that it's more expensive to heat only the room you're in, than the whole house with the 240 volt heat pump system we have. Those stupid little heaters are not very efficient.
    let Canebreaker know if you need more heaters , he can hook you up with his auction buddies !!!
    Likes "D" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I thought about you moving from up North to get away from the snow and this year it has snowed in Florida. I think the snow is trying to find you Slab.:rolleyes: If it gets much colder down South we may have to move you back up North.
    Be safe and good luck fishing
    Likes "D", BAMA S, Slab LIKED above post
    Thanks bandchaser thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrat View Post
    I thought about you moving from up North to get away from the snow and this year it has snowed in Florida. I think the snow is trying to find you Slab.:rolleyes: If it gets much colder down South we may have to move you back up North.
    What we have here is an imbalance in the Yankee population vs location.
    They have learned of our southern way of life, and are now departing in droves for the southern hemisphere.
    Now, this has caused an imbalance in the weather patterns causing unnatural weather acts all across the south. This can not go on any longer. The Posse needs to rise, gather the illegals and drive these little doggies back north!!

Should similar to herding cats......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a concrete slab floor? If so you have get those heaters off the floor. As it soaks up all the heat. We run one in the bedroom. And does not make any difference in our bill. But I do use the Pellet Furnace to heat the house.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed View Post
    Do you have a concrete slab floor? If so you have get those heaters off the floor. As it soaks up all the heat. We run one in the bedroom. And does not make any difference in our bill. But I do use the Pellet Furnace to heat the house.
    Yep, Slab's on a slab. That's all they got down here in Florida. If you dig a basement here, all you get is a swimming pool I guess! doh
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes BAMA S LIKED above post