HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: rain gear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msumoose View Post
    My 'toon only goes 14mph, so that 100mph and 200mph would be way overkill for me...lol

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    But if you fished in an 86MPH gale force wind you would need it!
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyhunter View Post
    I haven’t been in heavy rain with it yet. I mainly bought it for warmth not necessarily rain gear. I plan on purchasing something like the BP pro qualifier rain suit for spring and summer wear and for rainy days. It is supposed to be waterproof though. If I ever get in rain with it I will post the results.
    Thanks, I have the pro qualifier and it will keep you dry.I bought it a little bigger so I can layer underneath it in the winter if I decided to wear it when it's cold.I usually just wear my hunting bibs and jacket in cold weather,I have 2 sets of hunting bibs and jacket.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

In the 100 mph suite do you have to ware layer under then to stay warm. I not much on warring tons of clothes
    All men are created equal, some work harder in the preseason.
    Thanks to BnM PST, Midsouth Jig, Big River Marina

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Default rain gear

Quote Originally Posted by Gindog View Post
    In the 100 mph suite do you have to ware layer under then to stay warm. I not much on warring tons of clothes
    Your going to need some layers under the 100 mph, you won’t on the Cabelas guidewear extreme late season, if you get the heavy ones. Wore them in 16 degrees, 15 mph wind. Nice and toasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes Gindog LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gindog View Post
    Depends on what your buying one of these suits for. Remember these are for extreme rain wear.The 100 mph, pro qualifier, cabelas, and any of the other quality Gortex suits are going to be fairly warm milder temps. When it gets as cold as it has been latley your going to have to layer some but not to extreme. Good fleece outfit under them will keep you plenty warm down into upper 30's. After that your going to have to go to heavier layers. Like Redge said the cabelas extreme late season is actually designed as is ArticArmor and some other suits for extreme cold weather.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes blueball, Gindog, Speck LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gaint_71 View Post
    Do any of these come in tall sizes up to 5xl,has anyone tried the striker suit

STRIKER ICE | Predator Jacket 2017

STRIKER ICE | Predator Bibs 2017
    I have the striker ice hardwater. Excellent suit and jacket has a zip in liner so it’s handy. Can be used in cool to cold weather. I also have 2 attic armour suits and like them also. Although I prefer the striker ice more, to me it is better designed. Running 52 mph in 22 degree weather for 30 plus minutes, never got cold.
    (Psalms 39:7) "And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee."
    Thanks gaint_71 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nunk 2 View Post
    I have the striker ice hardwater. Excellent suit and jacket has a zip in liner so it’s handy. Can be used in cool to cold weather. I also have 2 attic armour suits and like them also. Although I prefer the striker ice more, to me it is better designed. Running 52 mph in 22 degree weather for 30 plus minutes, never got cold.
    This is the only suit that comes in a big and tall, think i am going to pull the trigger on one before next winter. Do you know if it is water proof like the gore-tex stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it’s water proof and wind proof. It will also float you if you accidentally fall in. They are pricey but worth every bit to me. If you’re waiting, try looking at red rock store online. They may have a sale late spring.
    (Psalms 39:7) "And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee."
    Likes gaint_71 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I was reading Ice fishing yesterday-- there was a link to Columbia -- their line of winter clothing is 100% waterproof with a lifetime Warranty including footwear... they are having a better than good sale now .... I just found that my warm hunting boots soles smelled like an old truck tire no matter if they were sprayed with scent killer. If there was two pennies to rub together I would have some boots ordered for my frozen toes

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish on Line View Post
    I was reading Ice fishing yesterday-- there was a link to Columbia -- their line of winter clothing is 100% waterproof with a lifetime Warranty including footwear... they are having a better than good sale now .... I just found that my warm hunting boots soles smelled like an old truck tire no matter if they were sprayed with scent killer. If there was two pennies to rub together I would have some boots ordered for my frozen toes
    Would you share that link with us. I tried but couldn't find anything. I have one of their omni heat/ omni dry coats and it's pretty good.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast