HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Type of line

Post Thanks / Like

For panfish nothing over 2# test. Not to be a horses rear but when you have tried the majority of 2# test lines out of Europe and Japan then you can get some basis for great panfish line. Plus if you do a forum search this subject has been beat to death....all the info you are asking is already on the site.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes jackie53 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use as many lines as I use fishing poles. It really depends on what type of fishing I'm doing when I choose what line to use. I use braid/Fireline/Nanofil when fishing deep. Just about any mono will do when fishing the spawn. I fish on creek that will leave you fishless if you use any line over 4 lbs. Is flourocarbon on this creek because both crappie and whitebass will swim right by your bait if have any line over 4 lbs. It's not a clear water creek but for some reason those fish are extremely line shy. I took a old pro to show me how to catch fish in this creek. Most folks think it is a waste of time to fish it. This also applies to urban ponds that get alot of fishing pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

Was used vicious till wal mart stop selling it

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends on which rod/method I'm using ... but, Vicious Panfish 6lb test hi-vis is my current favorite for jig casting.

If/whenever I run out of what's left of the 1/4lb spool I have ... I'll consider calling CARP Coastal Marine Supply 321-592-1303 and see if their listed price of $5.69 for the 1/4lb spool of 6lb test is still viable. They have a "minimum purchase of $7.50" ... so I'd have to buy two spools, but that's still cheap (as long as the shipping costs are reasonable). Vicious PYLQ6 Panfish Mono 1/4lb - 2360yds Hi-Vis Yel - Carp Coastal Marine Supply

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Stren original clear blue on ultra-lights 4lb. on 1 , 6lb. on 1 . P-LINE ON JIGGING RODS 8LB. spider rig with Stren 10 lb original .

Post Thanks / Like

Big fan of Fireline here; the Crystal version. I fish mostly open, non-bushy clear to slightly stained water. All my crappie rods are dressed with 2# test Crystal with a 4# test fluorocarbon leader. I get mine Fireline easily on Amazon.com @ around $20.00/spool. Love the stuff!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Currently throwing Wally M's Hi-Vis in 4 lb, have 6 lb on two reels, but 4 gets most all the work. Toying with the idea of some 2# but don't see a lot of it advertised in hi-vis. Maybe even 10-2 braid. Mostly for distance

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    Toying with the idea of some 2# but don't see a lot of it advertised in hi-vis.
    Try Stren Crappie Line in 2#. It comes in hi-vis. I use it in and like it.

It's diameter is .15mm, so it's really 3# line. That's true for most 2# lines, though.
    Likes Alphahawk LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    Try Stren Crappie Line in 2#. It comes in hi-vis. I use it in and like it.

It's diameter is .15mm, so it's really 3# line. That's true for most 2# lines, though.
    T Y. I guess I am unaware of Stren Crappie so I need to do a little homework.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    T Y. I guess I am unaware of Stren Crappie so I need to do a little homework.
    It hasn't been on the market long. Maybe a year or two?

StrenĀ® Crappie Mono | StrenĀ®

(And made in the USA!)
    Likes CRPPYDDY LIKED above post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast