HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Use Your Heads Guys and Gals

Post Thanks / Like

I WAS NOT POINTING ANY FINGERS AT ANYONE.
    I was asking people to use their heads and do their own thinking.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes scrat, Jwater LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder View Post
    All situations involving safety, are up to the individual. No different than knowingly, doing something dangerous, and illegal, to accomplish a task at work.
    If it's not safe, say so, and don't proceed.
    Our safety is up to us folks, bottom line. I refuse to pass the buck, and blame others for my own foolish, and willing activities.
    An unknown, dangerous situation,
    at times, requires an investigation and blame delivered, as due.
    Prayers for both family's continue..,
    Your right sir and I personally wouldn’t go out in bad weather but you are going to have if they can do it I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    I WAS NOT POINTING ANY FINGERS AT ANYONE.
    I was asking people to use their heads and do their own thinking.
    My post wasn't directed at you but another did within the the thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion
    Likes Rees Guide LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, trouble can come from any direction at any time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pab1981 View Post
    I don't really think it is the appropriate time or really fair to point the finger at tournament directors but hope everyone thinks for themselves about their safety and the safety of those around them every time they hit the water tourney or otherwise.

The main thing right now is prayers for all involved in a terrible situation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    When would be a good time then. If they have a tournament And your in the big leagues like these two men if you don’t fish it you will loose sponsors I personally wouldn’t fish in weather like that and pray this man survives but a lot of guys starting out in this league can’t afford to loose one sponsor it’s just a fact with the cost involved with fishing this series. So it’s simple put safety a side and and compete or drop out. That is where I believe a tournament director needs to use common since and cancel a tournament. I believe in personal responsibility but some of these guys have put everything they have into making it as a professional bass angler and when you got it all on the line your going to do what you got to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

One thing that would help in these situations is multable launching areas, in the big league fishing this is frowned on. Long runs are commonly made in rough conditions and are made at the choice of the angler.
    Yes money plays a part but we have to use our heads and I think some of these sponsor contracts need to have a safety clause in them.
    I have been offered several pro staff positions and rejected all but one, read the fine print and most of them are unreasonable at some point. Never been offered the kind of sponsorship the pros receive but if the pro staff contracts are demanding I can only suspect the pro contracts are more so.
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

I agree John. I’ve been watching this since they noticed the men were missing . And I just can’t imagine what the family is going threw and have said many prayers for him and his family and will continue to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    I agree John. I’ve been watching this since they noticed the men were missing . And I just can’t imagine what the family is going threw and have said many prayers for him and his family and will continue to do so.

Me too, it's a bad thing. I got caught about 18 months ago and nearly got killed, it was a nice day that turned bad and I made a wrong call. It can happen to any of us and we have to be aware of our surroundings at all times, that's what this thread is all about and it concerns everyone from the weekend warrior to the pro that makes their living being out their.
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes bandchaser LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My son almost died fishing in the winter fell over board with a guide gear suit on they keep you warm but feel with water fast. I wasn’t with him that day if hadn’t been for his friend he grabbed him buy the hair until he could get his arm around him and get him on the side of the boat. Everyone just be safe out there this can happen in a split second

Post Thanks / Like

What lake/ state did this happen in??

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast