HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 is a Charm.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim, by the looks of the tails and the color, are they spawning? I do miss our trips trolling.
    Thanks skeetbum thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice post and some nice pics too. Thanks for sharing.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

Post Thanks / Like

13 keepers !! That sound good to me. Glad to see you are getting back on the water.

another good day at the office !

Post Thanks / Like

My experience was similar. I was all over the place changing jigs, minnows, no minnows, etc etc

Ended up 8-11 with 2. One dinky one around 9", and one solid fish at 14.5". Wife called me back in then, but I cant complain, she lets me do this almost on a weekly basis. I just like the day on the water, the fish are just a bonus. Thur morning + sunday morning totaled 8, which was enough to feed my neighbor who does all the gardening work out of the kindness of her heart.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Specktaculure. if you were in the Hydra Sport, I did notice you but couldn't put a name to the memory. It gets that way after a few years. You did much better than I did. I started out spider rigging jigs on Saturday and did zip in about 30 to 40 minutes so went to covering ground with the jigs and the rods started bending.

Seanfishy, I have a soft spot for those that love the fish we catch and no longer have a source for different reasons. You're a good man Sir. I often think of one instance that always makes me give some away when the thought crosses my mind. I had a limit in the well, the weather was cold and I was heading for the house. While I was at the ramp, Mom and Dad in a very clean Explorer pull up by the ramp and Dad slides out from behind the wheel. Every day of 80. He walks over on the other side of the boat and starts talking fishing. I don't know much, but I can see this Gent hasn't been in quite a while. So pleasant to just visit with him, but it was cold and I was hungry. I asked him if he had a bucket in the car. His brow furrowed and he looked at me for a short minute and asked "what do I need one of those for?" I told him because Mama is gonna be real mad if we put these fish on the carpet in the back of her car. The next minute is burned in my mind. It took him a little bit to speak, and in a cracking voice he said, "you would do that for me?" I said that I would be happy to give him all he cared for as I would go again in a few days and would have this again if I wanted them. The smile on his face was just grand. He went to the car and came back with a heavy garbage bag, and I put just over half of what I had in it before he stopped me. We chatted a few more minutes, shook hands and parted ways and I never saw him again, but I know he and Mom had a good meal or two and a smile on their faces. I don't care if I ever keep another fish for myself. We have a resource to enjoy almost any time. Those that can't go any more miss what we do so bad and because of the manners they were raised with, would never allude it. It's our place to do what our heart tells us to and bring back a sweet memory for them. I'll be quiet now.

Drdore, Some of these fish are silver and some have a yellow cast, and all blacks. I don't cut the guts when I fillet but did nick one on Saturday and there was some eggs visible inside. That makes believe that they are already preparing for the dance. I don't think that they are preparing beds for another couple of months. And I too miss the hours of conversation and company we shared.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Specktaculure. if you were in the Hydra Sport, I did notice you but couldn't put a name to the memory. It gets that way after a few years. You did much better than I did. I started out spider rigging jigs on Saturday and did zip in about 30 to 40 minutes so went to covering ground with the jigs and the rods started bending.

Seanfishy, I have a soft spot for those that love the fish we catch and no longer have a source for different reasons. You're a good man Sir. I often think of one instance that always makes me give some away when the thought crosses my mind. I had a limit in the well, the weather was cold and I was heading for the house. While I was at the ramp, Mom and Dad in a very clean Explorer pull up by the ramp and Dad slides out from behind the wheel. Every day of 80. He walks over on the other side of the boat and starts talking fishing. I don't know much, but I can see this Gent hasn't been in quite a while. So pleasant to just visit with him, but it was cold and I was hungry. I asked him if he had a bucket in the car. His brow furrowed and he looked at me for a short minute and asked "what do I need one of those for?" I told him because Mama is gonna be real mad if we put these fish on the carpet in the back of her car. The next minute is burned in my mind. It took him a little bit to speak, and in a cracking voice he said, "you would do that for me?" I said that I would be happy to give him all he cared for as I would go again in a few days and would have this again if I wanted them. The smile on his face was just grand. He went to the car and came back with a heavy garbage bag, and I put just over half of what I had in it before he stopped me. We chatted a few more minutes, shook hands and parted ways and I never saw him again, but I know he and Mom had a good meal or two and a smile on their faces. I don't care if I ever keep another fish for myself. We have a resource to enjoy almost any time. Those that can't go any more miss what we do so bad and because of the manners they were raised with, would never allude it. It's our place to do what our heart tells us to and bring back a sweet memory for them. I'll be quiet now.

Drdore, Some of these fish are silver and some have a yellow cast, and all blacks. I don't cut the guts when I fillet but did nick one on Saturday and there was some eggs visible inside. That makes believe that they are already preparing for the dance. I don't think that they are preparing beds for another couple of months. And I too miss the hours of conversation and company we shared.
    Very similar to the reason I am downsizing tackle this year to 1&2#test

Anyone can reel them to the boat, I enjoy the fight. At 33, I'm rather young and enjoy handing out fresh fish deliveries to neighbors, just as my dad taught me to growing up. Keep what t you can, and if you have a great day, pay it forward.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great reads and thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like

Good job. Thanks for sharing.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best