HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Western KY Crappie Club Fruit Jar Series

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murraycrappie View Post
    Until you can show me crappie tournaments that pay out 125k to the winner and are broadcast on espn and cbs then no, I can’t agree with you that crappie tournaments and bass tournaments are the same or support the same amount of people. That’s why there’s dozens of national bass tournaments and only three crappie ones, two before this last year. The tournament crappie industry pales in comparison to the bass industrry from major tournaments all the way down to local bass clubs and that fact is indisputable. The whole point of fishing tournaments is to make yourself better so if you’re gonna have weigh-ins at all the same locations I don’t understand why you’d split support between two organizations.

But saying that, when you do get these going if I can I’ll fish in them. Any opportunity to get better and learn more about our great lakes I take the opportunity!
    Please clarify where I stated, listed, or spoke about professional bass tournaments. One of your original questions was in regard to "what makes this any different that the Twin Lakes Club." So, I asked you a question in return, asking what makes it any different for 5 local bass clubs for the same general area/north end of the twin lakes? Your response went to state about professional bass tournament payouts.
    The point is that everybody knows that there are local, regional, and national clubs and tours in the bass arena that visit our lakes on a very regular basis. Your rebuttal is about how (1) local crappie club, averaging less than 15 boats per monthly event for the year is going to be affected by the "potential" start of (1) local crappie club. Let's look at this again......
    I found (5) bass clubs Kentucky Lake on just one bass fishing website, BassClubs5. If there can be multiple bass clubs locally for our lakes, why can't there be multiple crappie clubs?????
    I have fished the Twin Lakes Club events this season, and have learned alot. We are looking forward to fishing the Classic in December to finish it up and get ready for next year. And if everything works out, there will be another club or series to participate in, learn from, make new friends, and have some fun catching crappie!!
    Likes Northforker, Tsnell LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m interested, I doubt that I would fish in any tourneys that were out of state.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgrimm View Post
    I’m interested, I doubt that I would fish in any tourneys that were out of state.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    There could be a Paris Landing tournament on Ky Lake, our Ky fishing license is good for down that way...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes mgrimm LIKED above post
    Thanks Northforker thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234