Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spider rig reels

Post Thanks / Like

Frabill 101.

Cheap, small, very light, hold line just fine and 8 fit in my small rack no problem. Pulling line for depth adjustment is a cinch and doesn't twist the line. I sure wouldn't want to long line with them, but for spider rigging I love the simplicity and they're my favorite.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought 8 of these quantum ultrex reels from grizzlyjig for 25.99 a piece and they seem to work good so far and having a thumb bar to let the line out quick makes it nice.Name:  download.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  7.4 KB

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Likes "G", akaslyguy LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That's the same ones I use. Except i got the left hand version. I like them.

Post Thanks / Like

Baitcaster with thumb bar. 14ft. pole

Post Thanks / Like

I started using an ice fishing reel 2 years ago and love them. Sort of the same idea as the Frabil but they have a lot of the properties of a baitcaster also. They have a very sensitive star drag and a 2.5/1 gear ratio on the retrieve with a push button spool release. No line twist and don't need to use a lot of line to fill them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adam 1 View Post
    Curious what everyone likes for reels on spider rig poles. I have a bunch of different ones on right now and have figured out cheapos aren't doing the job I need them to. My technique so far is to pull out line to land the fish so I may be working the reels harder then necessary. I thought the reel was just a line holder but actually when you really get into the fish or a big catfish or whitebass school it tears the cheapos apart...at least so far that is what I am noticing. I have only been doing this for a year. I have a couple of medium priced spinning reels that I like but have been trying to find a compact casting reel that would fit the bill, just to help keep everything cleaner when storing and transporting. Thanks for any suggestions. Of course I am trying not to break the bank.
    baitcaster with thumbar.... hard to beat. i went with the cappie maxx brand but only because they matched my rods color wise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12