HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 13 Quart Live Bait Engel Cooler

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 13 Quart Live Bait Engel Cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Snubbys View Post
    I bought my 13qt less then 6 months ago and the aerator that came with it didn't last long enough to run two sets of DD batteries thru it, if this is the newer / better version then it still leaves a lot to be desired. My recommendation to them would be to offer the bait cooler itself without the aerator as an option, since most will have to buy another brand anyways. I love the bait cooler, but the aerator needs a lot of work and I'm not the only one that thinks this way I'm sure of it.
    X2! That aerator was a very bad choice. It makes a great bait cooler seem cheap. Have only had our 30 since April aerator didn't last 2 weeks.
    Ours came from Cabelas.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

All my buds that run them like them. I'm looking at getting one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cray View Post
    How about sharing where you found the diffuser.
    Keep Alive , very nice guy look up on web just type in keep alive arreation and oxygen systems for minnows give him a call he knows what he is talking about and loves to talk. They are pricey but they do work.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Wicklundrh, I've had no problems with my aerator but I run mine off my 12volt plug in the boat when fishing, my boat stays plugged up when it's put up so if I have minnows left and I'm fishing the next day it stays plugged and running. I'm fishing in the Classic in October and just wanted to se what Engel recommended.
    2002 Triton TR186 , Mercury 175
    Spyderlok Rod Holders, Cornfield Crappie Gear,Denali Rods, Ardent Reels
    Humminbird Helix Megas DI,SI,SONAR GPS, Humminbird 360
    Minnkota Ultrex

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccollins View Post
    Keep Alive , very nice guy look up on web just type in keep alive arreation and oxygen systems for minnows give him a call he knows what he is talking about and loves to talk. They are pricey but they do work.
    Thanks, high as minnows are a good stone will pay for itself quick.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

No problem, as I said, I will take this information to them and let them know the issues that guys have.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccollins View Post

Those are nice!!

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a new Frabill Aqua Life dual output and have both lines ran into one round stone. In our 13q engel it will almost overflow the water it moves so much air. Its also way quieter than any other pump we've had. As hot as it has been we put about 2 dozen in it and keep the rest in a 45q yeti with straight oxygen.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    If it's to deep to stand up and there is to much to drink, WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKET.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, this weekend we tried wally marshalls new minnow saver or whatever its called...I think they should change the name to "Meth for Minnows." We may have also put about 10x thr amount you a supposed to use

Sent from my SM-G892A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    If it's to deep to stand up and there is to much to drink, WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKET.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123