HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying Crappie.com SlabSauce - Video

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly4949 View Post
    I'm going to order some up and try it
    Just so you know, I can't print labels till I get power back after Irma. Might be a couple days before I can ship. Sorry for the delay.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    You can spray it on any jig or even crankbait. It's oil based and leaves an oil residue. I've always been impressed on how long the residue remains on a crank bait even when trolling two miles an hour. Real it in after 15 minutes and you can still feel the oily film. Never woulda thought. And I'd suggest you press quicker and more firmly on the sprayer. It should come out in a mist which would give you better coverage especially in a large crankbait. But I suppose on a jig the stream would work just fine. Still I alway mist it just off the side of the boat. Hope that helps and best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Thanks for the advice. I will put it to good use in my next video.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by floppingcrappie View Post
    Thanks Shipahoy41! I do have a question about applying the slabsauce. Should I use marabou jigs since the scent will stick to better or does it matter?
    I was with Slab when he had just came out with it in liquid form. He had a couple of sample bottles.he said he had tried it on plastics and it seemed to stay on pretty good. I have since found it stays slick and slimy on my plastics for a long time. So I'm assuming the smell stays with it also. Now my go to in cold weather if jig fishing is hair jigs so that should do even better.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Thanks floppingcrappie thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great video as always. Keep them coming.

The sauce works good on soft plastics so I could only imagine how well it would work on hair jigs. Similar to using sponges soaked in anise for stealhead.

We need to get you some more "Charlie Brewer" Slider colors!!!
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Likes floppingcrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post
    Great video as always. Keep them coming.

The sauce works good on soft plastics so I could only imagine how well it would work on hair jigs. Similar to using sponges soaked in anise for stealhead.

We need to get you some more "Charlie Brewer" Slider colors!!!
    This was actually the first time I used these. I love the paddle tail design. Do you come in a slimmer/stream-lined body, more of a minnow imitation rather than the grub body?

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Slab and Billbob were with me in my boat at the Crankfest this year at Enid lake,MS. We used the Slab Sauce on crank baits.....ot stayed on very good..... even after a long troll at 1.7 to 2 mph you could still smell it. Works really good on the PICO crank baits due to the golf ball like dimples in the body.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Pico, floppingcrappie, scrat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That was good!
    Likes floppingcrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

This was actually the first time I used these. I love the paddle tail design. Do you come in a slimmer/stream-lined body, more of a minnow imitation rather than the grub body?
    They come in a ton of different designs and even more color combinations and sizes. They are a favorite with some of us for long lining and trolling.

PM me your name and shipping address and I'll see if I can find some sample packs that Charlie Brewer sent down a few years ago. I "had" a ton of them but we use them for give away prizes at our CDC events. I should still have a few laying around that you could try out.
    Thanks floppingcrappie, Slab thanked you for this post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Shipahoy41! I do have a question about applying the slabsauce. Should I use marabou jigs since the scent will stick to better or does it matter?
    I spray it on soft plastics. I have a small pail and I spray the lure in the bucket so I do not get it all over a boat. Sometimes I just take the lure and rub it in the bucket. There is enough residue for getting the scent on the lure. (Ed I add a little Anise and garlic salt to the slab sauce.) Works well just like that. I have had a bottle that lasts a long time.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes Slab LIKED above post
    Thanks floppingcrappie thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

A package of crappie dot com supporter products should be inbound today!

Post some videos with your new Sliders and TTI Blakemore "Road Runners". I'm sure those companies would love to see their gear in action!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast