HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to understand

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trying to understand

Once I configured some of my settings on my Helix 10 Mega 2 gen I am getting some good shots. I thought I had hit the crappie mother lode when I took this one easing up to one of our brush piles. Good buddy explained that it was white bass and he was right.Name:  IMG_0520.jpg
Views: 1131
Size:  72.6 KB

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes IceNitro LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice shot!! Love my Helix 10!!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question is .... did he tell you WHY he knew (thought ?) they were White Bass & not Crappie ??
    Likes coolerfull, IceNitro LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

White Bass or Perch
    If You Aint Fishing, You Aint Living!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    Question is .... did he tell you WHY he knew (thought ?) they were White Bass & not Crappie ??
    Yes, basically that crappie would be huddled about the same depth and these were distributed over 10 feet, or so.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Kingfish1, IceNitro LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dhaire View Post
    Yes, basically that crappie would be huddled about the same depth and these were distributed over 10 feet, or so.
    Thanks Mike58 thanked you for this post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    Because of their scattered formation......crappie formations usually stacked like bricks
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I would have guessed white bass also and that is what they look like most of the time......at least in my experience. About 6 weeks ago I thought I had found a mother load of crappie due to the look of the image.....but nope......white bass all around.....9 inches in length. Just a few feet away from them was a mother load of crappie. I am also including image of what bass look like on di......scattered and hugging the bottom......these happen to be KY bass....caught them at will......and same with whites. I caught plenty of crappie off the image labeled crappie. It is odd that 20 trips to that spot in the last 6 weeks those white bass have been in same exact location each time. The crappie would be there one trip or two then not be around for the next few trips.....but I think all can see why both spots could hold crappie. Am also including image of bluegill/shell cracker beds I found last week. All of the images are off Helix 10 si Mega.

Regards

Name:  S00046.jpg
Views: 1948
Size:  57.3 KBName:  S00034.jpg
Views: 2889
Size:  64.6 KBName:  S00028.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  66.2 KBName:  IMG_1504401963.143100.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  90.0 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes IceNitro, 1187mg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

AlphaHawk, those pictures are amazing! The clarity is incredible. What fish are you actually calling "KY bass"? Is it slang for a LM bass or something else??
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6poundtest View Post
    AlphaHawk, those pictures are amazing! The clarity is incredible. What fish are you actually calling "KY bass"? Is it slang for a LM bass or something else??
    Thanks for the comment. KY bass are a specie of spotted bass. There are 2 other specie of spotted bass that I know of....the Alabama spotted bass and the Florida spotted bass. The latter 2 get much larger than the KY spotted bass. I fish for them using 2# test line and UL rods. A good size KY bass here in TN would be anything around 12-13 inches......but have caught many in the 17-18 inch range and my biggest is 21 inches. They fight much different than a largemouth.......they fight like a smallmouth. As far as I am concerned KY bass are a "Panfish".......they taste great.......much different than eating a largemouth. The new Mega units produce images that just blow me away.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Kingfish1, IceNitro, 1187mg LIKED above post

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast