HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Summer crappie patterns

Post Thanks / Like

100 bonus points to Taylmatr who correctly identified the gentleman walrus' favorite body part. It makes an xcellent bludgeon for crappie that refuse to hold still on the cleaning table and I've threatened to use it on a couple of my Lund guests who criticized my excellent trolling motor skills. My kids picked that up for me at Oddities in NYC- knew that town had to be good for something.
    Likes KCMasterpiece, dstreet LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

what lake were you fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

CC - You are out of control with the walrus part. THAt is the funniest thing I have heard in a LONG time. ONLY YOU would have one of them. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

They use them a lot in Alaska to kill salmon when caught. Although a 3 ft boner does seem a bit over kill on a 10" crappie lol.
    Likes crappiebob, Redge, Crappie ciller, boat49 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

C2 - I am intriqued by your walrus unit and want to know where your wonderful walrus unit was acquired? Let us hear the whole story of the wonderful world of your walrus unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha! It's a pretty short story. I saw one of these used to club big fish on that show about trapping big crabs, where they said it was a traditional tool for that purpose. So naturally I let each of my kids know that their inheritance would be assured if I found one in my birthday cake some day. While Mary and I were serving in the Philippines my two girls visited Oddities ( site of the awesome TV show) in NYC and ended up walking out of there with Sir Walter, walrus' best friend. Some dang Yankee had painted it dark brown so I had to scrape off what I could. It still doesn't seem like the color is natural though I have to admit my experience with these units is pretty limited. To this day my girls are the favorites among my kids but I guess that is pretty obvious given the circumstances. I have found that just a light tap with Sir Walter calms even the most unrepentant of crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO, thank you. Sir Walter, the walrus whacker, just brings tears to my eyes thinking about it.
    Likes cpd21 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

So what's the summer pattern now on eufaula?
    Thanks Sandite thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, it's been a long time since I created this post and a long time since I posted in general. It's good to see a lot of the same folks still around I hope you're all doing well. It's funny to go back and read some of my old posts. I've learned so much in the last 7 years. I'll be out at Oologah this evening fishing the summer pattern and I fully intend to fill the livewell up.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you back posting Bobby! Let us know how you do.

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast