HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trolling Bandits on Harris at night????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Bandits on Harris at night????

I've been wanting to try my hand at trolling crankbaits for Crappie for a while, but haven't had the opportunity. Well, it looks like I may be able to try it out this Saturday night if I don't head to Gaston to chase those monster cats instead. Is this a productive tactic on Harris or am I better of with some other method??? Thanks!!!!
    Likes pg3, brucec LIKED above post
    Thanks Lazyb thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've never trolled them at night just during the day. I'll be there Saturday night fishin under the lights
    Likes chimneyman, brucec LIKED above post
    Thanks BUDMEISER01 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if I sound ignorant, but I'm a newbie to this. Fishing under the lights??? I assume you are referring to suspending lights under your boat??? I want to learn that too. I have a green led and a white floating light, I just haven't used them yet. That brings me to another couple of questions (dang newbies are always full of questions, lol)..... how well lit are the ramps at Harris??? What is a good time to start and stop fishing to avoid all of the pleasure boaters??? Thanks for the reply and sorry for all the questions.
    Likes brucec LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The cross point ramp is lit up good. I try to have everything set up and ready to go bout 30mins before dark. I normally stop around 1-2 hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Don't be afraid to ask questions the c c members will be glad to help you

Thanks BUDMEISER01, Robdogg thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Mac!!!! It will be a learning experience if nothing else. I look forward to giving it a shot and seeing how it turns out. Thanks again for your help!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

"Pro Tip". Goto $1 store and get some slim glow sticks. Scotch taken them to the end of your poles. Makes seeing the bite SO MUCH easier!

Post Thanks / Like

I have some of those glowsticks, but I'll pick up some more and try that out. Thanks for the tip!!!! I do howeve have another question or 6, lol!!!! I talked to a guy I know that fishes Harris and his first piece of advice (actually his only advice) was "go to the bridge". Maybe I'm wrong, but if I put in at Crosspoint, that seems like quite a haul at night. Surely there are catchable fish without traveling that far??? And once I get to where I'm going to fish with the lights should I anchor, just drift or move around with my trolling motor??? Thanks again!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Budmeiser01 i put in at crosspoint because it's a better ramp it has a paved parkin lot with lights and a dock that you can tie up to. I've never fished the bridge I've got bout 6 different places that i fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, cool!!!! Looks like Crosspoint it is then. I remember some spots from a few Winters ago that I fished not far from there. We did alright that day jumping from spot to spot, but I remember meeting a guy (James, I think he said) sitting in one spot all day out in open water. He never moved and flat wore them out. My buddy had ants in his pants and couldn't sit still, lol!!!! Anyway, I'll be in a Carolina Skiff with a T-top with red led lights, maybe I'll see you out there. Thanks a million!!!!!

PS: I wonder if "James" will mind if I fish his spot???? LOL!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast