HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 304 of 313 FirstFirst ... 204254294301302303304305306307 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 3129

Thread: Oologah Archives

Post Thanks / Like

Man Whisperer! You are good at this! How about water depth and jig size?

Post Thanks / Like

Mind saying how deep, etc?

Post Thanks / Like

Caught em from 8 ft to 20 ft. The sweet spot seemed to be 13-16 ft but caught good amounts shallower and some deeper. Just habit more than anything else but I almost always fish Oologah with 1/16 oz weedless jigs. Why get hung up and spook the fish out of what your fishin in if you don't have to. I know, most guys don't bother. Just seems to work for me. Eight foot Huckabee rods and 10lb Trilene Big game in solar florescent yellow line. My buddy fishes with 8 ft Huckabee rods and braid. We argue every time we cross lines. His tiny braid is impossible to untangle. He fishes with one rod, i fish with two. He fishes with 1/8 and 1/4 oz non-weedless jig heads. He likes the heavier weight on the line. We fished with Bobby Garland slabslayers and baby shad. Ran out of the 1.5 slabslayers and went to the 3 inch. Just bit off half the body to give it a smaller profile and kept fishin. No color problems, they bit everything we fished with. Black and chartreuse and monkey milk worked good. We always try Beaver bottoms too, some days they'll kill it. They were in a Bobby Garland mood on these 2 days.
    Thanks Crappie ciller thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great tutorial Whisperer- now if I just had some time to go! Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Oologah may be in the same situation as Wister. You got a TON of baby shad (3/4" to 1") around. Last weekend was the first time ever on Wister I had to down size to get good numbers of fish. It didnt matter what color, but that smaller baby shad profile was doing the job. Lots of fish were gorging on the baby shad which were hanging right at the surface. I even saw catfish swimming around in plane site pushing into the schools of shad at the surface. The shad were extremely slow, you could pick them out of the water with a dip net.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like pretty normal. 10 to 15' is pretty normal for this area at this time of the year I guess. I was on Gibson last week and the sand bass started going nuts around us and we caught some of them. They were full of tiny shad. They were no more than an inch long. So, I guess the smaller jigs fit the bill right now.
    Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the ramp at the Dam open?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Southerneyes View Post
    Is the ramp at the Dam open?
    Yes it is.

Post Thanks / Like

hey gang, anyone every figure out how to catch walleye on oologah?

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing i have been catching lately is a sunburn. Im think im going too shallow 16 to 18 fow. But in blue have dodge that wind also will post if i find any. Gl all