HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Conway in Summertime

Post Thanks / Like

Im not as young as I ust to be I can't jump near as high, and 90-100 degree trips all day out there are becoming a thing of the past. Many times over the years i would tie off under those big shady cypress, drink something cold, eat a lunch, and take a nap for a bit, then get up and get right back after them. LOL Not so much anymore. I am getting old
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP
    Likes ibmack, captcall LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibmack View Post
    ps. i drive a white chevy blazer with a game and fish car tag initialed PMAC. i put in mostly at Adams this time of year cause it gives me easy access to the entire lake and I mainly fish more on the eastern side this time of year. got an old 14 ft jonboat, usually wearing a white tee shirt and a black footjoy rainhat. come over and say hi if you see me. My real name is Paul McGinnis.
    Glad some of them tricks is paying off for you Paul, sounds like a fun day yesterday. Be glad to get my boat back! I drive a green Toyota Tecoma but my boat I keep floatin in the boat house. I got a a ol 14 ft Alweld flat bottom with a camo motor. Usually wearing a long sleeve white shirt (unless they are all dirty), some kinda wide brimmed hat may even have overalls on from time to time. White beard is visible aways off I'm told, but if I
    notice you first I will certainly holler a hay at ya. My name is Steve Beth Most of the fishin I've done so far has been in the Adams and Green Lake area's. After I tore my motor up was the closest 8 foot water I could get to, only took me a hour & half to get there with trolling motor from Paradise Hope to run into some of y'all out there real soon
    Likes ibmack, CrappiePro, glenn96 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

BEST and most informative post in years , thank you Sir Russ.
    "It was so dry in Texas the fish had ticks on 'em " !!!
    2017 Excel 220 Bay Pro, 150 Yahama SHO, Minn Kota Ulterra , Helix 10 , Helix 9.
    1998 Alumacraft 14ft., '99 25hp Johnson tiller.
    Likes ibmack, captcall, CrappiePro LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibmack View Post
    went today. put in about 10:30 and fished till 7:30. caught around 23/25, with nine good legal. smallest keeper was 10 3/4 . big one was 15 1/2 . no pics. gave them to an old lady with a young child at the ramp. used 1/16th with pink head and double colored eyes. best color was a 2" blue/chartreuse. caught a few with electric chicken, but didn't think that with pink head was necessary. caught my best ones out in the middle of the lake trying out trees I had never tried before. best time on lake in weeks. wind was decent, often the water was like glass. heat not bad for this time of year. i think Russ getting me to downsize and use colored jig heads really made a difference. good luck to all, we just have to keep jigging and learning
    Now your cooking with Crisco.... Paul, great job. when in the middle of the lake on those deeper trees I most always use a 1/16th after 7 feet deep. 9 keepers is sometimes all you get, Take what Ole Stumpy gives... and enjoy the style of fishing and enviorment, You just dont get many lakes like Conway to fish this way in Central AR. Conway is a beautiful lake to look across on a summer day and seeing all the life it holds.
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP
    Likes captcall LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePro View Post
    Now your cooking with Crisco.... Paul, great job. when in the middle of the lake on those deeper trees I most always use a 1/16th after 7 feet deep. 9 keepers is sometimes all you get, Take what Ole Stumpy gives... and enjoy the style of fishing and enviorment, You just dont get many lakes like Conway to fish this way in Central AR. Conway is a beautiful lake to look across on a summer day and seeing all the life it holds.
    Thanks Russ, you are right about the scenery. There was wave after wave on newly hatched shad moving from north to south spread over at least 75/150 yards wide from east to west. Something popping them fron underneath occasionally, making big splashes.
    Retired golf addict
    Likes captcall, CrappiePro LIKED above post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234