Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any one ever fish lake buhlow in alex/pineville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any one ever fish lake buhlow in alex/pineville

I have a dr.'s appointment at the VA hospital there in pineville next saturday. Im thinking about taking the boat with me and wetting a line till its time to get poked.

I have passed a few times in the past ten years and have seen people fishhing there but never hear any thing about the place. There is a boat shop there now, i might give them a call and see if the have any info to share too.

Thanks.
    John

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

At spawn time the lake attracts bank fisherman and they do catch a few perch then.Might be some sunken brush piles you might want to scan for.
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

I only heard of this lake about 2 months ago. I met a guy at the income tax preparer office, , and he told me his brother was "wacking them" at Bulah Lake in Pineville. Naturally, I never went. so, If I were going by there for a dr. appointment, I would definitely bring my boat. Let us know how you do.

Post Thanks / Like

Sure thing dapet. I will be trying to figure out my new down imaging FF. The only thing I wish it had was dual transducers. I have the transducer on the rear of the boat and by the time i see something its 16 behind me.... i know i can mount it on the trolling motor but then i cant use it while idling around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JKCCKC2002 View Post
    Sure thing dapet. I will be trying to figure out my new down imaging FF. The only thing I wish it had was dual transducers. I have the transducer on the rear of the boat and by the time i see something its 16 behind me.... i know i can mount it on the trolling motor but then i cant use it while idling around.

i have the same problem so I just turn my screen to the front and watch it from the front seat and turn the fish alert on the 2d so even when I'm not looking at the ff I know when the fish are under the back of the boat...

Post Thanks / Like

I do the same thing( turning it around). I got this model because it had gps on it and down scan. It makes you see what is really down below with the down scan. Now if i can just fish more often, it would be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JKCCKC2002 View Post
    I do the same thing( turning it around). I got this model because it had gps on it and down scan. It makes you see what is really down below with the down scan. Now if i can just fish more often, it would be worth it.

I hear ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, fished it this morning. I trolled around a lot and didnt find any real structure holding fish anywhere. The only 2 fish i caught were some bass near a pier along the airport. They were caught on a spinnerbait and a bass jig flipping the pier. I did not get to troll around the whole place but i did a lot for the time i had. I dont see me going there in the future, ill stop at indian creek next time.

On the way back i stopped at dubussion and trolled around looking for some structure, but got ran out by rain.

Last edited by prefers shiners; 06-17-2017 at 10:49 PM.
    Likes prefers shiners LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Post needs a pic

Likes prefers shiners LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You made it safer to be a minnow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast