Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kayak Fishing Trip to Arkansas (need advice )

Post Thanks / Like

lawnmowerman...........oh I'm sure its much different than NE Alabama.......Most places are.

Post Thanks / Like

Lawnmowerman...... I can't find that schedule of events, possible you send me a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Events Archive - Eureka Springs, Arkansas: The Extraordinary Escape

Looks like you are good until the first week of August

Post Thanks / Like

Yep definitely staying away from that weekend. But it does look like eureka springs is a hopping activity filled city..... pretty excited. Always looking for a good off the beaten path town!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The wife and I go there every year love it up there in the fall, We stayed at the 5 Ojo Bed and Breakfast one time I loved sitting on the back deck watching the deer go by as I'm having a cigar and a IPA. Tree houses are really cool places stay.

Wear good shoes there isn't a level spot in town,
    Likes GoTennTitans LIKED above post

Sky Pilot is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We have used King's River Outfitter for two years and it was great both years. We floated for two days both times. 1st day we were shuttled north and floated back to the camp. 2nd day we started at the camp and floated south for the day. Both days were very good and will be doing them again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Pilot View Post
    We have used King's River Outfitter for two years and it was great both years. We floated for two days both times. 1st day we were shuttled north and floated back to the camp. 2nd day we started at the camp and floated south for the day. Both days were very good and will be doing them again.
    I thought the kings river flowed North

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellerqx View Post
    looks like I have settled in for the Kings River and will be staying in Eureka Springs at some place called THE LODGE. Since the nonresident lic. is 3 days maybe a couple floats down the Kings River and then on to some place else. Or if the Kings is good to me maybe a 3rd time a charm. If there are any points of interest that you must see or must have food then let me know.

As far as tackle it will be spinning reels with 8-10lb test, some shaky head jigs, spinning baits and various hard lures will be the ammo. If I have left anything out let me know. But as long as I got the Lic., PFD sounds like the rest is bonus....good float good scenery.....
    Make sure you have some green/brown tube jigs for the small mouth bass.

Post Thanks / Like

used to wear the smallmouths out on the caddo around amity. Lots of 3 pound brownies back then. Crawdad crankbaits were hard to beat then. Rebel little scooper was good but that one might have been the silver/ black. Tubes weren't invented then but should work. Last stretch into degray was a long paddle probably still is.
    Crappie bite twice a day. 15 minutes before I get there and 10 minutes after I leave.
    The two loudest sounds are a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and one that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.
    If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can generally count on Paul's vote.

Post Thanks / Like

The Little Red river if you like trout fishing put in at the dam @ Heber Springs! Problem there is on drop off or pickup would need second vehicle at a takeout down stream. You will Need trout stamp out of state same price as local but only good for short time along with fig fishing lic. The above places are good also.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast