Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Install Issues

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. When I say that I am not affiliated nor sponsored by the said shop, I am speaking on my own experience with this business on multiple occassions. The owner is an electrical engineer, and one of the most advanced fishing electronics guys in the industry. When a shop of similar products and customer flow rates has an install schedule book of almost 2 months, then they must be doing something right. When all of the pro's come into town on numerous tournaments on these two lakes, both bass and crappie, these guys seek and or already have appointments with this shop.
    I myself have had several lowrance units installed, updated, and received some instruction as well. They also I stalled a full electronics package and new trolling motor on my current rig last year.
    By no means making excuses for the said shop, but if you have ever had to hire people in today's workforce, it is truly sad where our ethics, morals and respect have gone with today's workers. They just don't care. The best workers we have right now are all over 40+ years old, because they or we were all brought up that way.
    Again, I'm sorry you had problems, and it appears that the owner was trying to make amends with you. He is a super nice guy, and as knowledgeable as they come. And he is a little OCD when it comes to this stuff, so give him another chance before you try to derail the clientele.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Likes stormcloud, Redge, ShowmeCrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bandchaser View Post
    I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. When I say that I am not affiliated nor sponsored by the said shop, I am speaking on my own experience with this business on multiple occassions. The owner is an electrical engineer, and one of the most advanced fishing electronics guys in the industry. When a shop of similar products and customer flow rates has an install schedule book of almost 2 months, then they must be doing something right. When all of the pro's come into town on numerous tournaments on these two lakes, both bass and crappie, these guys seek and or already have appointments with this shop.
    I myself have had several lowrance units installed, updated, and received some instruction as well. They also I stalled a full electronics package and new trolling motor on my current rig last year.
    By no means making excuses for the said shop, but if you have ever had to hire people in today's workforce, it is truly sad where our ethics, morals and respect have gone with today's workers. They just don't care. The best workers we have right now are all over 40+ years old, because they or we were all brought up that way.
    Again, I'm sorry you had problems, and it appears that the owner was trying to make amends with you. He is a super nice guy, and as knowledgeable as they come. And he is a little OCD when it comes to this stuff, so give him another chance before you try to derail the clientele.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    After talking to him on the phone FINALLY I could tell he had passion about what he does and his business. In all honesty that was my point I was trying to get across to him and my reasoning for trying to contact him personally, he was not there that day and I wanted to make sure HE knew what his guys were doing that had his name and business tied to it. I had every attempted call logged and every conversation recorded when someone did answer the phone and I asked for him personally or the fella that did the work, I ALWAYS got "they were in a boat" or "out of the shop" and will call you back shortly......well that call never came after 26 attempts UNTIL I made a review on his Facebook page and website. He admitted to this being the busiest season he has ever seen but didn't want to use that as an excuse, my reply to that was well how many repeat customers do you expect if your guys are putting work out like this then shake your hand and say call if you ever have a question or need help but then NEVER return a call?

Personally I feel like this issue could have been settled easily had he returned a phone call, I made two trips to his shop (10 hour turn around trip) and still had to trouble shoot it myself and then fix it. He did offer to send my install fee back as previously stated in an updated post. I am not trying to derail his clientele hence the reason I never posted the shops name, but feel its fair to give a heads up to any and everyone. I work hard for my money and expect what I pay for just like he did before I left his shop.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good results usually come from not overreacting and using common sense. Great outcome.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12