HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help choosing the right I Pilot TM & FF 1st time around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deltaduk View Post
    Snubby, I had a compartment built on my front deck. Cut the deck and got both my trolling batteries are up front. Cranking battery in the rear. I just bought a used terrova and luv it. I can send you pics of what I did to my 1654 F&F I got a Lowrance right now but been thinking bout a helix. I live in Southaven. The guy that did the aluminum work for me is in OB. In that compartment I also have a 3 bank charger in that compartment also with room to spare.
    Got the 24 volt 80# thrust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice, after looking at my front compartment late last week I did see it would have to be cut out to get a battery in there. Cause the height of the battery wouldn't go thru the opening. I will PM you my phone # and would appreciate a few pics whenever you get time as well as the contact for the metal fabricator.

Post Thanks / Like

So.....what did you decide on

Post Thanks / Like

Just pulled the trigger on the Helix 10 sonar/gps. Still can't decide on the TM. I know I want at least a 70# or 80# thrust, but have talked to two people so far that said the foot control may never be used once I get used to the remote. How many of you use the foot control? And what about single pole fishing, are the terrova's capable of allowing me to fish timber and brush? I hear the response time on the remote may be delayed a bit, why I was thinking a foot pedal for jig fishing in the trees.

Trying to order right the first time, thanks to all who have responded. And a big thanks to slabin for pointing in the right direction on the Helix 10 and gonna let me look at his battery shelf also for ideas, I'm doing very well on budget so far. And thanks to deltaduk also, he invited me to come out and look at his front deck setup for the extra batteries this afternoon. I think we just about got this thing whopped!!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 80#, now have a 112#...never had any problem using foot control or remote...You just have to run one enough to get used to it...You are welcome to run my boat one day to try both out. Would love to have the company...Plan on fishing the big 4 at least 2 days or more a week
    Thanks Snubby thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I never use the foot control, have sold several motors over the years with brand new never connected foot pedals.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925
    Likes Snubby, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KnightShadow10 View Post
    I had a 80#, now have a 112#...never had any problem using foot control or remote...You just have to run one enough to get used to it...You are welcome to run my boat one day to try both out. Would love to have the company...Plan on fishing the big 4 at least 2 days or more a week
    Would enjoy that very much. Although, I believe I will probably have the TM ordered by the time I get a chance to go and try it out. Was hoping to get a day this week to go, but looking pretty slim at the moment. I try to go at least one day during the week most weeks if I can be spared at work, be nice to have the company as well. Plus 8 poles and 4 hands is better when cranking, as opposed to two hands and 4 poles. I was hit with triples three times yesterday while by myself, worked up a bit of sweat swiftly.. lol
    Likes MidMsAngler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO, get a Motor Guide, the anchor lock function on the Minn Kotas is just not as accurate as the Motor Guides, that's why they have to add the I link, very expensive, so the depth finder GPS will hold it better. I have both MG & MK. I'll sell you my 80# Minn Kota I Pilot cheap! So I can get me another Motor Guide!

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk
    Edgar Hood lll
    5651 Flower Lake Rd
    Dundee, MS 38626
    256-883-8615 [email protected]
    Likes Snubby LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rees Guide View Post
    I never use the foot control, have sold several motors over the years with brand new never connected foot pedals.
    Thanks Rees, do you single pole fish a lot of the time?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rebranger View Post
    IMHO, get a Motor Guide, the anchor lock function on the Minn Kotas is just not as accurate as the Motor Guides, that's why they have to add the I link, very expensive, so the depth finder GPS will hold it better. I have both MG & MK. I'll sell you my 80# Minn Kota I Pilot cheap! So I can get me another Motor Guide!

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk
    Sending you a PM!!

Post Thanks / Like

Anytime, just let me know..Hate to see you wear down on tripples!!!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast